Senior Associate Professor
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Marketing
Dr K Rajeshwari, is a faculty member at Great Lakes Institute of Management. Prior to this, she completed her Ph.D. from IIT Madras and served as a faculty member at XLRI, Jamshedpur. She has completed her post-graduation from IIM Ahmedabad in 1994 and is a visiting faculty at various IIMs in the country.
A consistent academic topper, Rajeshwari has a total professional experience of 25 years - of which 16 years was in the industry in sales and Marketing ( Unilever, Nippon Paint etc.) and 9 years in academia. She won the Chairman Award for sales management in her Unileverstint at a very early age and her last corporate position was Vice President Marketing and Branding. She has been responsible for managing both the topline and bottomline results of many organizations that she worked for and has travelled extensively - both domestic and International- while dealing with many cross cultural teams.
Rajeshwari has conducted several management and leadership programs for top corporates in India (L&T, Michelin, India Cements, Grundfos, Amararaja, Hinduja Finance, Exeltis Pharma, Eenadu, to name a few). Her subjects include (not limited to) Sales, Customer and Distributor Management, Marketing and Branding, New Product Development, Marketing Communications etc. She has very recently been conferred with the Award “Best Professor-Marketing Studies”-by DNA Innovative Education.
Rajeshwari has authored three books (two-solo) - the first one was titled ‘My Life My Choice’-published by Macmillan in 2011 and was about mid-life career choices. The second one was a reference text book for B Schools and was titled ‘New Product development-a FMCG Perspective’, released in 2017. The third one is a recently launched one titled ‘The New Plan A’- and focuses on the various mid-life career challenges faced by working women and the various stakeholder interventions required for them to resume their careers. Rajeshwari is a regular columnist in the Hindu Business Line and has published several articles and case studies in International as well as domestic journals. She recently won the Best Paper Award at an International Research Conference in Boston in 2017. She has also authored 25 articles in The Hindu Business Line between 2016 and 2018.
Rajeshwari has won the Women Achiever Award twice in 2011 and 2012 and was recently conferred the title ’Distinguished Woman In Management’ in 2017 and in 2018. She has also been chosen as ‘Subject Expert-Marketing’ by Tata Consultancy Services, India.
Rajeshwari has been a part of several professional organizations such as CII Task Force for Entrepreneurship, American Marketing Association, Institute of Research Bureau, Product Development Management Association, IIM Ahmedabad Executive Committee, Empowering Women in IT industry, etc.
Rajeshwari is actively involved in mentoring women in research fields, women in corporate etc. She is also on the selection panel of IIMs students. Her other passions include spending time with her son as well as practicing yoga/listening to music.
- My Life My Choice-Macmillan 2011
- New product development- A FMCG Perspective-Notion press-2017
- The New Plan A-Notion Press 2018
IGI Global publishing- book chapter titled “Social media as a marketing tool”- in the book “Application of gaming in New Media Marketing”
- Rajeshwari Victor, Never Innovate to compete rather innovate to change the rules of the game, Emerald Emerging Markets Studies. (Published 2011, DOI : 10.1108/ 20450621211306584 ).
- K Rajeshwari and Pradeep Gopalakrishna, Starbucks- Market Entry into India. Asian Journal of Case studies, 2016.
- K Rajeshwari, Painting a perfect picture,ICFAI , 2016
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- K Rajeshwari, New product development in an entrepreneurial company, International Journal of Product Management , 2017. IN
- K Rajeshwari and P Vijayaraghavan, How cooking as a consumption practice helps resolve value conflicts, Advances in Consumer Research.
- K. Rajeshwari, New Product development-What is the right eco-system ,NASMEI International Marketing Conference-Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai, Dec 2010.
- K. Rajeshwari, New Product development-Researches done in consumer packaged industry, NASMEI International Marketing Conference-Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai, Dec 2012.
- K. Rajeshwari, Research Gaps in the area of new product development in consumer packaged goods industry, PESIT/ Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Bangalore, Nov 2012.
- K. Rajeshwari, Gate keeping in NPD, ICBEMM, Singapore, June 2016.
- K. Rajeshwari, Stage Gate governance in an entrepreneurial company, ICBEMM, Boston, 2018.(Best Paper Award)
Competitive research awards received
K. Rajeshwari, Stage Gate governance in an entrepreneurial company, ICBEMM, Boston, 2018.(Best Paper Award)
- Association of Consumer Research, 2014.
- North American Society for Marketing, NASMEI, 2012,2010
- ICBEMM-2016 Singapore, 2018 Boston
- PESIT/ Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Bangalore, Nov 2012.
- GOI Stand up India Conference Nov 2016
Invited News paper/Popular press articles
The Hindu Business Line on campus- weekly column Nov 2015-Oct 2017; Monthly column Nov 2017-date
Invited speech/Panel discussion
- Digital India IIT Madras 2018
- MMA –New product development 2017
- Cauvery College Trichy- Case writing 2018
- Mother Teresa College- Faculty development program 2018
- MOP Vaishnav- Innovations in Teaching methods, 2018
- Mid life career challenges, Book launch –The New Plan A
- Role Model speaker series- 2012
Member of Board
Madras Christian College ,MBA Program
Reviewer for conference/Journal
Emerald International Journal of case studies
Session chair/Program chair for conference
Research papers under review
Naturo products- sales and distribution, Emerging markets- Emerald group of publishing.