Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Economics
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Muthuraj pursued his M.A Economics (Hons) from Madurai Kamaraj Univeristy with second rank in April 2000. He received his Ph.D. in Industrial Economics, "A Study on Output, Growth, Inputs Productivity and Technological Progress in the Major Manufacturing Industries of Tamil Nadu"at Madurai Kamaraj University in 2005. His doctoral thesis earned him the Youngest Ph.D. holder at Madurai Kamaraj University’s history. At present he is working as an Assistant Professor at Great Lakes Institute of Management, since June 2009. In 2014 he finished his Executive MBA at Great Lakes Institute of Management. His research areas include Agricultural Economics, Environmental Economics, and Rural Developmental Economics. He was previously associated with the Loyola College as a lecturer and University of Madras as a Lecturer-cum-Research Officer in the department of Economics and Agro Economic Research Centre (AERC) from July 2006 - June 2007. During his tenure at the AERC, he co-authored the final reports of two research projects entitled “Factors Affecting Fertilizer Consumption in Tamil Nadu” and “Estimation of Seed, Feed and Wastage ratio for Major Food grains in Tamil Nadu”. He was the keynote for Board of Studies for various technical Universities. He has authored more than 10 articles in both International and National Journals. He attended and presented more than 27 papers at National level seminars.
- Dr. N. Rajalakshmi, Dr. M. Muthuraj, “Factors Affecting Fertilizer Consumption in India with special Reference to Tamilnadu State”, Agro Economic Research Centre, 2007.
- Dr. N. Rajalakshmi, Dr. M. Muthuraj and C. Chenthilkumar, “Causes for the Shrinkage of Tank Irrigated Area in Tamil Nadu”, Agro Economic Research Centre, 2007.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Dr. P. K. Viswanathan and Dr. M. Muthuraj, “Factors Leading to Non-Performing Assets (NPAs): An Empirical Study”, Indian Journal of Finance, Vol 13, No 1, January 2019.
- Dr. M. Muthuraj, “Behaviour of Market Arrivals and Prices of Groundnut in Tamil Nadu: An Economic Analysis” Arthshastra: Indian Journal of Economics and Research, Vol:6, No.4, July– August, 2017.
- Dr. M. Muthuraj, “Productivity Growth and Factor Substitution in the Manufacturing Sectors of Tamil Nadu” – This article has been accepted for publication in the International Journal on 15th April 2015 - International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics.
- Dr. Rakesh P. Singh and Dr. M. Muthuraj “A Test For Relative Efficiency of Farmers Cultivating Groundnut in Tamil Nadu - A Profit Function Approach”, The Indian Journal Economics and Research, January – February 2013.
- Dr. M. Muthuraj, "Substitution and Complementarily Between Energy Inputs in Cotton Cultivation in Tamil Nadu"Arthshastra: Indian Journal of Economics and Research, Vol:1, No.1-2, May – June, 2012.
- Dr. M. Muthuraj, “A Study on Inclusive growth of Rural Women through Self Help Groups in Kancheepuram District of Tamil Nadu”, Gravity: Great Lakes Institute of Management, 2011.
- Dr. R. Haridoss and Dr. M. Muthuraj, "Economics of Coconut Cultivation in Tamil Nadu – A Comparative Analysis of Tall and Dwarf Variety", the Indian Coconut Journal, May, 2004.
- I have been appointed as a Board Member for the “ARSEAM'S International Journal, December 2016”
- I have been appointed as a reviewer for the “International Journal of Advances in Economics and Business, April 2015”
- My MBA project on – “An Economic Study on Channels of Distribution, Price-Spread and Price Behavior of Groundnut in Tamil Nadu” – April 2014.
- Ph.D. thesis on Industrial Economics – "A Study on Output, Growth, Inputs Productivity and Technological Progress in the Major Manufacturing Industries of Tamil Nadu".- May 2005.
- Working as a Data Analyst on two Months Project on “A Study on Market potential of Coir and Coir Products in Tamil Nadu”, Coir Board, Kerala, Institute of Cooperative Management, Madurai
- M.A. Project on "An Economic Study of Small-Scale Engineering Goods Industries in Virudhunagar District", 2005.
- Title of the paper: Sustainability, Development and Social Justice-Towards Women’s Rights and Women’s Priorities, Paper presented in the UGC Sponsored National Conference on "Social Justice and Sustainable Development", organized by the Department of Economics and Centre for Research in Economics, The Madura College, Madurai held on 22nd and 23rd January 2013.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Economics of Corruption in India, organized by the Department of Economics and Centre for Research in Economics, The Madura College, Madurai held on 26th September 2012.
- Title of the paper: Women’s Economic and Social Empowerment: Pathway to Poverty Reduction, Paper presented in the UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on "Poor Economics – Rethinking Poverty and The Way to End it”, organized by the Department of Economics and Centre for Research in Economics, The Madura College, Madurai held on 5th January 2012.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored State Seminar on “Economics of Corruption in India, organized by the Department of Economics and Centre for Research in Economics, The Madura College, Madurai held on 26th September 2012.
- Participated in India’s Premier ICT Event CONNECT 2009, Organized by Confederation of Indian Industry, Chennai from 10th September to 13th September 2009.
- Participated in the One Title of the Paper: Child Rights – The Right to Survival, paper presented in two-day National Seminar on the theme “Natural Disasters and Conflicts and its Implications in Realizing Child Rights” organized by Presidency College during December 10 & 11, 2008.
- Day Workshop on “Reaching Out” Jointly organized by University of Madras and Loyola College, Chennai on 02.09.2008.
- Title of the paper: “Biodiversity Conservation and Second Green Revolution”, organized and conducted by Agro Economic Research Centre, Ministry of Agriculture Government of India, University of Madras on 14th March 2007.
- Title of the Paper: “Childhood’s Blood on Match Sticks – A Study of Virudhunagar District”, paper presented in three-day conference conducted by All India Criminology Conference on Cyber Crimes and Crimes against Children, Department of Political Science, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai on February 16 to 18, 2006.
- Title of the Paper: Solid Waste Generation in Virudhunagar District of Tamil Nadu – A Case Study, paper presented in two-day National seminar organized by School of Economics, Madurai Kamaraj University under UGC-DRS held during 17.02.2005 and 18.02.2005.
- Title of the paper: Impact of Industrial Pollution in Tamil Nadu, paper presented in one-day Seminar conducted by ICSSR, organized by Department of Environmental Economics, School of Economics, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 21 on 04.06.2004
- Title of the paper: Environmental Pollution – Theory and Practice, paper presented in National seminar organized by Department of Environmental Economics, Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai on 2.12.2003.
- Participated in the Training Programme on Research Methodology and Data Processing in Social Sciences, Organized by Department of Economics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati during January 6th – 12th 2003.
Participated in DFID funded “Social Development Research Methodology Course” organised by Institute of Development Alternatives, Chennai from 20.1. 2003 to 7. 2. 2003.
- Statistical Tools Assistance for Doctoral Degree and Awarded: 7
- Supervision of awarded M.Phil. dissertations: 4
- Supervision of awarded MBA projects : 2
Reviewer for conference/Journal
International Journal of Advances in Economics and Business
Editorial Board member/Editor of Journals
Member of Editorial Advisory Board on Journal of Industry, Emerald Publishing Journal.