Umayal Karpagam P
Area of Expertise: Operations Management and Performance Measurement
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Umayal is an academician with thirteen years of experience across Engineering Colleges in Chennai. Prior to this assignment, she was with Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbhadhur in various capacities as assistant professor, senior lecturer and lecturer. Her academic background is B.Tech and MBA. She has obtained her PhD in Management Sciences from Anna University. Her broad research interest is in Performance Measurement, Quality Management and Multi-Criteria Decision Making techniques. She has both national and international publications to her credit.
Performance Measurement, Technology in Supply Chain.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Palaniappan, Umayal., Suganthi, L. and Shagirbasha, S., "Building a yardstick–a benchmark framework for assessing higher education management institutions", Benchmarking: An International Journal, 2021.
- Umayal Karpagam PL. and Suganthi L, "Performance Measurement of Organizations: a review of Balanced Scorecard Technique", International Journal of Business Performance Management, Vol. 14, No.2, pp.129-148, 2013
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. "Exploring the critical success factors affecting the performance of management institutions" International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol.10, No.4, pp.453-477, 2016
- Anbumathi, R., Umayal Karpagam, P. and Dorai, S. "Exploring the cognitive and affective factors influencing brand love in online food delivery services" at 4th International Conference on Marketing, Technology and Society, IIM Kozhikode from Dec 7th - 9th, 2020.
- Nataraj B and Umayal Karpagam PL "Factors Influencing the Choice of Alternative and Complementary Medicine" at the 10th Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE 2019) held at IIM Indore from May 03 -05, 2019.
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. "A Strategy Map of Balanced Scorecard in Academic Institutions for Performance Improvement", at International Conference on Marketing and Business Strategy held at IBS Hyderabad from May 10-12, 2012.
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. "Significance of the Balanced Scorecard as Performance Measurement tool", International Conference on Operations and Management Sciences, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur, 12th - 13th February, 2010
Delivered a guest lecture on the topic "Prospective of Management Education" at Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering. The purpose of this invited talk was to create an awareness on the significance of management education among the engineering graduates.