R S Veeravalli
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: OB,HR & Strategy
Email: [email protected]
R. S. Veeravalli is currently an Associate Professor, with Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. His teaching areas are Entrepreneurship, Negotiation, and Learning & Development. He was additionally Co-Director of the Global Energy Executive MBA of the University of Houston & Great Lakes joint program in 2012-14. He has been associated with Great Lakes since its inception.
Prior to joining Great Lakes, he has spent 25 years in corporate organizations in senior & top management positions, and did Consulting for Hindustan Unilever for about 2 years, before turning to academics full-time. He has worked with the Godrej group for more than half his corporate career - in Sales, Distribution, Product Supply, Quality and Human Resources functions - in senior management. He was the nominated Chief Executive Officer for ISO 9000 Quality Systems in Godrej Sara Lee Ltd. He was one of the youngest to become a General Manager in the godrej group at about 33 years of age, having had a fast track growth throughout the career.
He has earlier taught at the Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai, as a visiting Co-faculty, while at Godrej, Mumbai.
He has been trained in Japanese Union of Scientists and Engineers (JUSE), Japan, in Total Quality Management (TQM), is a Certified Assessor for CII-Exim Bank Business Excellence Award model, which is based on the European Quality Award (EFQM) model. He has done the Entrepreneurship Educators’ Certificate program with Stanford University with distinction. He has trained and follows the Harvard Business School way of Negotiations theory and methods, in his teaching and training offerings.
He holds a Masters Degree in Sociology, and has done an accelerated (9 months) Senior Management Program (SMP) with Cornell University, USA. He is a research scholar in Entrepreneurship, which is an area of his passion and research interest, and is expected to complete his PhD by 2021-22.
- THE INTRAPRENEURIAL CHARACTER (GL-E-001 Last Revised: May 9,2007)
- AZTECSOFT A, 2. AZTECSOFT B, (Jun’ 2007)
- MARG CONSTRUCTIONS (A) (GL-E-003 Last Revised: July 22, 2007) with teaching note – won the London Business School, Aditya Birla Center India case competition – prize money rs 100,000/-
- KS OILS (A) (Dec’ 2008)
- Quo Vadis? - Wither Goest Thou?(A) (Jan’ 2017) – with teaching note
- Quo Vadis? - Wither Goest Thou? (B) (Jan’ 2017) – with teaching note
- Sixth Asian invitational conference on family managed businesses, at Indian School of Business (ISB) hyderabad, feb 2017 – cases presented.
Invited News paper/Popular press articles
- “Why entrepreneurship needs constant innovation?” Hindustan Times, 30th May 2018
- “Executive MBAs - Compelling Value For Working Professionals” Business World, July 31, 2018
- “Executive MBA – Experience first, MBA later”. Career360, nov’ 2018 (to be published shortly)
- Asahi glass (USA) - India entry strategy for automotive sector business and market study. 2016
- Numerous mentoring assignments for new startups in various domains in Chennai area, directly as the chairperson of the center for innovation and entrepreneurship here at great lakes, and as the senior faculty resource with the Wadhwani Foundation National Entrepreneurship Network, IIT Madras, MGR University, etc.
Invited speech/Panel discussion
- was the guest of honour and panel member of the Virtusa annual meet and conference 2016-7.
- Was the moderator for the panel discussion in the annual 2 days conference of the NHRD network, 2016-7 at Bangalore, 3. one of the speakers in the annual conference of the Institute of Indian Foundrymen, 2017,
Member of Board
- Member – Advisory Board, Rang De,