Rajan C R
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Strategy
Dr. Rajan is a well-sought after strategy consultant and has a cross functional and multi-industry experience of 43 years. Prior to getting into teaching, Dr. Rajan was the President(Strategy) and ombudsman of the Murugappa Group. He serves as an Independent Directoron the Boards of PEIL and Parry Sugars India Ltd. He has also been an Advisor to Coromandel
International, a $2 billion company, Advisor to Coal and Oil, a multibillion-dollar Singapore based Energy Company, Business Head and Head of Marketing of farm inputs at EID Parry (India) Ltd, and the General Manager of MMTC at New Delhi. Prior to joining Great Lakes, Dr.Rajan was a Visiting Professor at IFMR. He has taught Strategy at ISB, Hyderabad, besides being a Visiting Professor at LIBA, IFMR, GITAM University and SRM University.
He is presently the Board Chairman of Parry Sugars India Ltd (a listed Company) and Board Member of Parry Enterprises Limited.
Dr. Rajan holds an MBA from FMS, Delhi University (1972) and a PhD from SRM University, Chennai. He has a Certification in International Marketing from Templeton College, Oxford University.DrRajan was a National Science Talent Scholar during his undergraduate years at Delhi University.
- “Marketing Innovation in partnership with Self Help Groups - A Case study of a Farm Inputs Manufacturer” in Indian Journal Of Marketing (Scopus Indexed)
- “Value network and Conscious competition: A Case study of Sugar Industry in India”published in Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences (MJSS )
- “A critical review of corporate governance in India” CR Rajan, published in International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review.
- Drivers of financial performance of sugar industry in India, ICTACT Journal on Management studies, November 2015, volume: 01,Issue: 04
- “Dynamics of Ecosystems – Lessons from IndianCase Studies” in International Journal of Society Systems Science 2016 Vol. 8 No. 3