Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Marketing
Kirubaharan. B is currently working as a Research Associate at Greatlakes Institute of Management, Chennai. He completed his Master of Business Administration from ARJ College of Engineering and Technology, and Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical from Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, both are affiliated to Anna University. His research interest includes topics related to Consumer behaviour related to food products, Sustainable consumption, and Organic consumerism. However, his research works have been accepted in journals listed in the ABDC list such as "Journal of retailing and consumer services". He is also pursuing his Ph.D. (part-time) degree in Management (Marketing) at the Department of Management Studies, Anna University, Chennai.
Consumer behaviour related to food products, Sustainable consumption, Organic consumerism
Non-Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Kirubaharan Boobalan & S N Geetha (2019) -"Bi-dimensional conceptualization of attitude to understand the consumer's purchase intention of organic food products". (Accepted & forthcoming) – Great Lakes Herald)
- Attended Five-day National workshop on "Business Analytics" organized by Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirapalli on 28th Sep – 2nd October 2019.
- Attended Five-day workshop on "Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence" organized by Department of ECE, Osmania University, Hyderabad on 8th – 12th March 2019.
- Attended Two-day workshop on "Qualitative research using Nvivo" organized by Department of Management Studies, Sacred Heart College, Thirupattur on 1st – 2nd March 2019.
- Attended Three-day Doctoral workshop and Two-day NASMEI conference organized by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai on 17th – 21st of December, 2018.
- Attended Eight-day National workshop on "Statistical Analysis for Business Research" organized by Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on 3rd - 10th January 2018.
- Attended Three-day National workshop on "Structural Equation Modeling (SEM): Basic and Advance Analysis" organized by Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirapalli on 1st – 3rd December 2017.
- Attended Three-day National workshop on "Structural Equation Modeling (SEM): Mediation and Moderation using SMART- PLS" organized by VIT Business School & Department of Technology Management, VIT University, Vellore on 18th -20th May 2017.
- Attended Three-day workshop on "Research Methodology using SPSS & AMOS" organized by Institute for Statistics and Analytical Research, Chennai on 5th -7th May 2017.
Competitive research awards received
- Anna Centenary Research Fellowship (ACRF)
- Estimation of Market Potential for Setting up a Trade Facilitation Centre at Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu, India. February –June 2018 (Funded by SIDCO).
Research papers under review
- Kirubaharan Boobalan & S N Geetha– "Organic consumerism: A comparison between India and the USA". (Under review in "Journal of retailing and consumer services" – Listed under A category in ABDC list)
- Kirubaharan Boobalan & S N Geetha– "Understanding the hedonic benefits of organic consumerism: An empirical exploration". (Under review in "Food Quality and Preference" – Listed under A category in ABDC list)
- Kirubaharan Boobalan & Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran – "Exploring the variations in consumer's adoption of organically produced food products: A cross-cultural comparison". European Journal of Marketing.
- Kirubaharan Boobalan & Harindranath R.M. – "Bayesian structural equation modelling approach for consumer behaviour researchers".