Bala V Balachandran Distinguished Chair Professor & Program Director - MBA in Business Analytics
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Operations Management
Vaidy Jayaraman is the Principal &Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai where he is the Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Analytics and Operations Management. Prior to taking on this role, he was a tenured senior faculty at the School of Business Administration, University of Miami, FLwhere he taught Operations Management and Supply Chain Analytics. He was also a faculty at the School of Business Administration, Washington State Universityand at University of Southern Mississippi. He received his bachelor’s degree in AppliedMathematics from University of Madras and his Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics andComputer Science from College of Engineering (Guindy), Anna University, Madras. He alsoreceived his M.S in Mathematical Sciences and his M.B.A. in Management/Information Systemsfrom University of Akron, Ohio, his M.S. in Operations Research and his Ph.D. in Operationsand Supply Chain Management from The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
In addition to his extensive consulting engagement with several fortune 100 companies, he has more than 23 years of teaching experience and has taught at the undergraduate, Post-graduate, PHD and Executive MBA level. He also has several years of experience inteaching Executive Education and has offered workshops and training programs in the areaof Supply Chain Analytics, Operations Management, Management Sciences andBusiness Statistics in many countries including United States, India, China and Singapore.
He has received several awards both in teaching and research. Recently, hereceived the Excellence in Teaching award from the Executive MBA students atUniversity of Miami. He was also appointed as a charter member in theUniversity’s Faculty Learning Community. He has won numerous FacultyExcellence in Teaching Awardsat the School of Business Administration level and also won the University wide teaching award, a prestigious award given to only aselect few across various schools and departments in the University.
He has co-authored two books. The first book is titled: “Sustainable SupplyChains: Models, Methods and Public policy implications (Springer publication). Thesecond is titled: “Business Forecasting and Demand Planning.”He has published more than 70 refereed journal articles and his work in the area of Sustainable Supply Chains and Service Operations has been heavily cited by both researchers and practitioners. His primary researchinterests are in Strategic Design and Management of Supply Chains, Design andManagement of Sustainable Value Chain Systems and Service Operations Management. Hehas interacted extensively with companies in the United States and several MNCs.
- Excellence in Teaching award from the Executive MBA students at University of Miami, 2011.
- Appointed as a charter member in the University’s Faculty Learning Community in 2010.
- Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award at the School of Business Administration in 2006 and 2002.
- The University of Miami Faculty Teaching Excellence Award in 2005, a prestigious award given to only a select few across various schools and departments in the University.
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award in 1998.
- Louis Brandt Faculty Research award at the University of Southern Mississippi in 1996.
- "Sustainable Supply Chains: Models, Methods and Public policy implications" (Springer publication).
- "Business Forecasting and Demand Planning."