Senior Associate Professor
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Sridhar Samu is Associate Professor of Marketing. Before joining Great Lakes, he has worked at the Indian School of Business, University of Manitoba, and Memorial University. His main research interests are in the area of information processing, as applied to branding and social marketing. He has published in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and other international journals.
- Risk Perceptions of Mutual Funds – Evidence from an Experimental Approach (2014); Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya, Bruce A. Huhmann, and Sridhar Samu, Journal of Finance Issues, volume 13, 2, pages 40-53.
- Cause Marketing Communications: Effect of Consumer Inference on Attitudes towards Brand and Cause (2014), Sridhar Samu and Walter Wymer, European Journal of Marketing, Volume 48, issue 7/8, pages 1333-1353.
- Impact of Brand-Building Activities and Franchisee Brand Equity on Retailer Brand Communities (2012), Sridhar Samu, Preeti Krishnan Lyndem, and Reginald Litz, European Journal of Marketing, Volume 46, issue 11, 1581-1601.
- The Effect of Country Related Brand Associations and Product Attributes on Attitude Toward Unfamiliar Foreign Brands: A Schema Congruity Perspective (2011), Sergio Carvalho, Sridhar Samu and Subramanian Sivaramakrishnan, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 23, 2, 135-150
- Brand Related Information as Context: The Impact of Brand Name Characteristics on Memory and Choice (2010), Sridhar Samu and Shanker Krishnan, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 38, 456-470
- The Impact of Smokers’ Group Membership and Activist Gender on Tolerance for Smoking, Receptiveness, and Perceived Susceptibility to Anti-Smoking Messages and Likelihood of Anti-Smoking Activism (2009), Namita Bhatnagar and Sridhar Samu, Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Volume 21, 2: 113-138.
- The Influence of Cause Marketing Associations on Product and Cause Brand Value (2009), Walter Wymer and Sridhar Samu, International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 14, 1-20
- The Effect of Fit and Dominance in Cause Marketing Communications (2009), Sridhar Samu and Walter Wymer, Journal of Business Research, Volume 62, number 4 (April), 432-440.
- Altruistic by Association, Altruistic for Advantage? Buying Groups and Small Firm Community Involvement (2008), Reginald Litz and Sridhar Samu, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Volume 37, number 4 (December), 646-667.
- The Efficacy of Anti-Smoking Advertisements: The Role of Source, Message, and Individual Characteristics (2008), Sridhar Samu and Namita Bhatnagar, International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 13, 3, 237-250.
- Dimensions of Business and Nonprofit Collaborative Relationships (2003), Walter Wymer and Sridhar Samu, Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Volume 11 (1), 3-22.
- Nonprofit-Business Alliance Model: Formation and Outcomes (2001), Sridhar Samu and Walter Wymer Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Volume 9 (1/2), 45-61.
- Volunteer Service As Symbolic Consumption: Gender and Occupational Differences in Volunteering (2002), Walter Wymer and Sridhar Samu, Journal of Marketing Management, Volume 18, numbers 9/10, 971-989.
- Using Advertising Alliances for New Product Introduction: Interactions between Product Complementarity and Promotional Strategies, Sridhar Samu, Shanker Krishnan and Robert Smith, in Journal of Marketing, Volume 63, Number 1, January 1999, pages 57-74.
- Activity-Specific Role Stress in Purchasing, Ronald Michaels, Anand Kumar, and Sridhar Samu in International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management. Winter 1995, Volume 31, Number 4, pages 10-19.