Faculty of Business Analytics
Area of Expertise: IT,Operations & Analytics
Dr. Purba Rao has been a Professor over the last 20 years teaching and conducting research on topics such as Predictive Modeling in Strategic Decision Making , Marketing Research ,Business Analytics, Green Supply Chain Management, Corporate Environmental Management, and Social Entrepreneurship Management.
She is a Fellow in Management from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, has a M.Sc. in Applied Math from Science College, University of Calcutta and a B. Sc. In Math(honors) from Presidency College Calcutta.
Currently, she has been a Visiting Professor at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad IIMA, at Great Lakes Institute of Management and Calcutta Business School.
List of Publications
- “Does Awareness to Climate Change lead to Behavioral Change?” Co-authored with Indrani R.Halady, 2010, International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management , Emerald, UK, (2010) Vol2. No.1.
- “A Metric for Corporate Environmental Indicators … for Small and Medium Enterprises in the Philippines” ,with Alok Singh et al.,2008,Business Strategy and Environment, John Wiley UK.
- “Greening of the Supply Chain… An Empirical Study for SMEs in the Philippines”, Spring 2007 .Journal of Asia Business Studies ,SanFrancisco, California.
- “Entrepreneurs and Environmental Sustainability In the Philippine Context 2008, Journal of Entrepreneurship,
- “Do Green Supply Chains lead to competitiveness and economic performance?” 2005 International Journal of Operations and Production Management, IJOPM, co-authored with Diane Holt Vol 25, N0.9
- “Greening the Supply Chain : a new initiative in Southeast Asia” Vol. 22 Nov. 2002; IJOPM – International Journal of Operations and Production Management.(IJOPM)
- “Greening Production – A South East Asian Experience” IJOPM(2004), Vol 24 No. 3, International Journal of Operations and Production Management.(IJOPM)
Awards and Recognitions