School of Accountancy, Robinson College of Busuness, Georgia State University, USA
Area of Expertise: Finance
Siva Nathan’s teaching interest focuses on financial accounting. His research interests include studying the effects of accounting numbers on stock prices, and financial analysts’ earnings forecasts and investment recommendations. He has published numerous articles in publications such as the Accounting Review , Journal of Accounting Research and Contemporary Accounting Research.
Nathan is a recipient of the American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award, and he has been widely cited in the business press for his research on the behavior of financial analysts.
Publications / Research:
- Dunn, K., and S. Nathan, "Diversified Companies and Analysts' Earnings Forecasts." Journal of Investing (Summer 2009): 33-41.
- Nathan, S., "Management and Policy Research in an Indian Context," The Great Lakes Herald (Volume 2, No. 2, September 2008): 121-125.
- Mohammad, E., and S. Nathan. "Antecedents and Consequences of Financial Analyst Turnover." Review of Accounting and Finance (Volume 7, Number 4: 2008): 355-371.
- Dunn, K., and S. Nathan, "Analysts Industry Diversification and Earnings Forecast Accuracy." Journal of Investing (Summer 2005): 7-14.
- Irvine, P., P. Simko and S. Nathan, "Asset Management and Affiliated Analysts' Forecasts." Financial Analysts Journal (May/June 2004): 67-78.
Awards & Recognitions: