Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Finance
Sanjoy Sircar is currently Professor of Finance and Director, PGPM. He started his professional career as a Chartered Accountant with Pricewaterhouse Coopers in Assurance and Advisory. While pursuing his doctoral studies in the US, he entered the world of academia and was a faculty in the Finance area at the Fox School of Management, Temple University, Philadelphia and Rutgers, State University of New Jersey. His course offerings include Corporate Finance, Strategic Financial Management, Options Futures and Risk Management, International Corporate Finance and Financial Analytics. He had been associated with SP Jain Institute of Management and Research at their Mumbai, Dubai and Singapore campuses and with the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon and School of Business Management, NMIMS deemed to be University, as full time faculty in the Finance area. Prof. Sircar has, in his last assignment, served as the Dean, School of Commerce, NMIMS University as well as a member of the Admissions and Placement Committees of the School of Business Management, NMIMS. He has authored technical notes at SPJIMR on Portfolio Management and Risk Reduction, Capital Asset Pricing, Leverage and Cost of Equity. He had been a regular presenter at the Washington DC Symposium on Schools of Business Annual Conferences
Efficiency of Financial Institutions, Derivatives Markets and Pricing of Derivatives, Corporate Finance,International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
The Hindu Publications The Next Step 2015 : Commerce and Career Opportunities
- “Valuation for Privatization : Problems and Alternatives”: Co-authored with Vivek Chaudhry, Galludet University. Symposium of Washington DC Schools of Business ; Washington, DC, May, 1994.
- “Bank Privatization in Eastern Europe: Good Intentions Gone Awry” : Co-authored with Vivek Chaudhry, Galludet University. Symposium of Washington DC Schools of Business; Washington, DC, April, 1995.
Editorial Board member/Editor of Journals
International Journal of Law and Management , Banking and Regulation in Emerging Markets, Vol 3, No 53, Emerald Special Issue, 2015
Session chair/Program chair for conference
Session Chair, SDM Institute of Management Development , Mysore, 3rd International Finance Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance and Accounting, August 22nd - 23rd 2014
- Financial Leverage and Cost of Equity – NMIMS deemed to be University Working paper 2009
- Case of Unidentified Industries, SP Jain Institute of Management Research, 2007
- Portfolio Diversification and Risk Reduction – Technical Note, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, 2005
- Capital Asset Pricing : SP Jain Institute of Management Research, 2003