Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Finance
Email: [email protected]
Mahalakshmi holds her Master’s in Business Administration, Master of Commerce from Annamalai University and Bachelors in Commerce from Valliammall College for Women affiliated to Madras University. Prior to joining Great lakes, she was associated with Teledata Informatics Ltd., Chennai, wherein she played the role of an Internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the courses like CPT - CA, Business Studies, Accountancy & Economics. She has more than six years of teaching experience at Great Lakes and has 15 years of overall teaching experience.
Her teaching interests include Data Visualization using Tableau & Power BI, Investment Banking, Financial Risk Management, Security Markets, Portfolio Management and Statistics. She has also tutored statistical software tools like SPSS, AMOS, SMART PLS & E-Views for Management students. Her research interests include Consumer Behavior and Behavioral Finance.
Behavioral Finance, Consumer Behavior
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Mahalakshmi T.N & Anuradha N. (2018) "Gender based study on the Implications of Behavioral Biases in Investment decision making" International Journal on Global Business Management and Research, Vol.7, Iss (1), pp 35-43.
- Mahalakshmi T.N & Anuradha N. (2018) .Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior in Online trading : A conceptual study" Shanlax International Journal of Management, Vol.5 Iss (2), pp. 135 -140.
- Mahalakshmi T.N & Anuradha N. (2018) Factors affecting Investment Decision making & Investment Performance among Individual Investors in India" International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Volume 118 No. 18 2018, 1667-1675.
- Mahalakshmi T.N., & Anuradha N. (2018) A Gender Based Study on the Impact of Culture in Investment Decision Making Management Today, Vol. 8, Iss 1, pp-53-56.
Academic conference (Papers presented)
- Mahalakshmi T.N (2018) A Gender Based Study on the Impact of Culture in Investment Decision Making in International Conference on 5S "Strategy, System and Service for Sustainability and Scalability of Business" at DOMS, Pondicherry University.
- Mahalakshmi T.N (2018) Factors affecting Investment Decision making & Investment Performance among Individual Investors in India" in International Conference on Emerging Global Issues & Challenges in Business & Economy at Shri Shankarlal Sundarbai Shasun Jain College, Chennai.
- Mahalakshmi T.N (2018) Gender based study on the Implications of Behavioral Biases in Investment decision making" in International Conference on Economic Transformation with Inclusive Growth, at Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai.
- Mahalakshmi T.N. (2018) Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior in Online trading : A conceptual study in the National Conference on "Digital Economy and Green Management: Role of Banks, Payment Gateways and Consumers at Gurunanak College, Chennai.
- Mahalakshmi T.N (2016) Investment and Human Behaviour in International Conference on Financial Markets & Corporate Finance (ICFMCF) 2016, at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, August, 2016.