|Issue of application starts from||Last date of submission for First Cycle||Last date of submission for Second Cycle|
|20 August 2015||30 November 2015||31 January 2016|
For dates please refer to the "Key Dates" page.
Eligibility Criteria - Admissions PGPM 2015
- All applicants are required to appear for GMAT/CAT*/XAT +/CMAT before applying to Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- For PGPM 2016, Great Lakes Institute of Management will accept CAT scores of the year 2014 and 2015, XAT scores of the year 2015 and 2016 or GMAT scores taken after Jan 1, 2013 or CMAT scores of the year 2015.
- All applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum work experience of two years by March 31, 2016 is mandatory and candidates found not fulfilling this criteria will not be admitted. Candidates with less than 24 months of work experience by March 31, 2016 can apply to the Great Lakes PGDM Program.
*Great Lakes uses CAT scores only for screening applications for admissions and IIMs have no role in the conduct of Great Lakes academic programs.
+Great Lakes is not an associate institute of XLRI and uses XAT scores only for screening applicants for admission. XLRI has no role to play in the conduct of any of Great Lakes programs.
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to Great Lakes Institute of Management by completing an online form.
- Candidates can choose to apply by any of the following methods:
- Visit the website www.greatlakes.edu.in and fill in the online application form after making a payment of INR 1,500. Candidates seeking to apply to both Great Lakes, Chennai and Great Lakes, Gurgaon (Delhi NCR) through a common application may do so by selecting the appropriate option in the registration form and paying an application fee of INR 2250/- only.
- Make a payment of INR 1,500 at IMS centers and procure a coded number key for applying online.
- Purchase the application form from the Great Lakes Offices in Chennai.
- The eventual application process is online for all candidates.
- Candidates have to provide the official email-id of the recommender. The recommendation letter will be collected from the final selected students' recommenders and it must be submitted online
All your queries regarding admission process can be sent to us at email@example.com
Applicants are evaluated based on GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores, past academic performance, essays , work experience and performance in the interview and group discussions. The selection process builds in a criterion that facilitates evaluating each applicant on:
- Academic Abilities: Being a one year fast track, the program at Great Lakes is highly demanding and intense; candidates with consistent academic background and a demonstrated ability to sustain pressure make the shortlist.
- Standardized Test Scores: To eliminate inconsistencies between colleges and universities at the Undergraduate level, Great Lakes considers GMAT or CAT or XAT or CMAT scores in the overall assessment.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills: Great Lakes as an institute promises to deliver “Business Ready Managers” who would be leaders in their fields, and hence applicants who have exhibited leadership skills at work and/or in school/college make the grade to be part of the Great Lakes family.
- Integrity and Ethical Values: Great Lakes lays emphasis on integrity and values including originality. Candidates found lacking these qualities won't be selected irrespective of their performance in other areas.
- Diversity of Background: At Great Lakes, diversity in background facilitates peer learning which transforms ‘uncut stones’ into ‘diamonds’. Students in the current batch come from diverse fields like Finance, Hospitality, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Consultancy, Media, Pharma, etc.
The above conditions / clauses / terms can be reviewed by the Institute from time to time. Hence, the prospective candidate is encouraged to visit us at www.greatlakes.edu.in for regular updates.