|Last date of submission
for cycle 01
|29th February 2016|
|Last date of submission
for cycle 02
|31st March 2016|
Eligibility Criteria - Admissions PGDM 2016
- All applicants are required to appear for GMAT/CAT*/XAT + /CMAT/MAT before applying to Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- For PGDM 2016, Great Lakes Institute of Management will accept CAT scores of years 2014/ 2015 or XAT scores of years 2015/ 2016 or GMAT scores taken after Jan 1, 2014 or CMAT scores of the year 2015/ 2016 or MAT scores taken after Jan 1, 2015.
- All applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution.
- Freshers and candidates with less than 24 months of work experience as on 30th June 2016 are ONLY eligible to apply. (Candidates with greater than 24 months of work- experience are requested to apply for the Great lakes PGPM program).
- There will be a special preference for College / University rank holders in terms of an extra weightage gained as part of the selection process. The onus of proof of rank is vested in the applicant.
* Great Lakes uses CAT scores only for screening applications for admissions and IIMs have no role in the conduct of Great Lakes academic programs
+ Great Lakes is not an associate institute of XLRI but uses XAT scores only for screening applicants for admission & XLRI has no role to play in the conduct of any of Great Lakes Management programs
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to Great Lakes Institute of Management by completing an online form.
- Candidates can choose to apply by any of the following methods.
- Visit the website www.greatlakes.edu.in and fill in the online application form after making a payment of INR 1,500/-.
- Make a payment of INR 1,500 at select vendor outlet centres (the list of vendors as well as centers is given in our website) and procure a coded number key for applying online.
- Purchase the application form from the Great Lakes Offices in Chennai.
- The eventual application process is online for all candidates.
- Candidates have to provide the official email-id of the recommender. The recommendation letter will be collected from the final selected student’s recommenders and it must be submitted online
All your queries regarding admission process can be sent to us at email@example.com.
Applicants are evaluated based on GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT scores, past academic performance, essays, work experience and performance in the personal interview. The selection process builds in a criterion that facilitates evaluating each applicant on:
a) Academic Abilities: The program at Great Lakes is highly demanding and intense; candidates with consistent academic background and an ability to sustain pressure make the shortlist
b) Standardized Test Scores: To eliminate inconsistencies between colleges and universities at the Undergraduate level, Great Lakes considers GMAT or CAT or XAT or CMAT or MAT scores in the overall assessment
c) Rank Holders: The program gives a clear advantage / brownie points to College / University rank holders.
d) Integrity and Ethical Values: Great Lakes emphasize on integrity and values including originality. Plagiarism will be probed thoroughly during the process.
e) Diversity of Background: At Great Lakes, diversity in background facilitates peer learning which transforms ‘uncut stones’ into ‘diamonds’. We will actively try to bring an academic diversity into the PGDM classroom.
The above conditions / clauses / terms can be reviewed by the Institute from time to time. Hence, the prospective candidate is encouraged to visit the Great Lakes website at www.greatlakes.edu.in for regular updates.