Business Is For Real - The Empirical Study
Empirical study - a unique value proposition from Great Lakes Institute of Management - is a fully mentored 6 credit, 3 term rigorous academic activity involving the identification of a core business problem and ways and means of solving the same. The problem selected pertains to the chosen horizontal function and vertical domain specialization of the student. The coordination with respect to this empirical study will be handled by the Great Lakes Center for Management Research.
Some of the salient features of the empirical study are:
- Runs through the first year of the program
- Requires 120 hours of out-of-class academic input
- Done individually or in groups of two or three students
- Fully mentored by a Great Lakes faculty as well as by an industry mentor
- Outcome of the study is a paper co-authored by the student with the guide