The summer internship of Great Lakes is structured more in tune with the traditional summer internships offered across B-schools. It involves rigorous hands on, on-site industry exposure spread over a duration of 8- 10 weeks. If empirical study takes on a theoretical flavor in terms of problem analysis, the summer internship takes on a hands-on applications flavor.
Some of the salient features of the summer internship are:
- Runs through the months of April-May-June at the end of the first year.
- Students will be required to put in not less than 120 hours of input.
- This study is done either individually or by groups of two or three students jointly.
- The internship would be mentored by a Great Lakes faculty as well as by an industry mentor.
The benefits that are common to both summer internship and empirical study are:
- Global academic exposure
- Working with globally connected student teams
- On-field, real time experience
- Building live business solving capabilities