Dr. V. P. Singh
Area: Managerial Economics & Statistics
Dr. Singh has 26 years of experience in academic and research institutions. He holds a Ph.D. Degree in Foreign Exchange Risk Management from University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh. He was selected as Doctoral Student by European Commission, and did part of his PhD from SAA, Turin, Italy. He has done MBA from Bauer CT College, University of Houston. He has also done Masters in Economics from Dept. of Economics , Panjab University Chandigarh, and qualified UGC NET in Economics.
His areas of interest are Managerial Economics, Statistics, Macroeconomics and Global Energy Environment. He has delivered several lectures for senior executives of leading companies of India like – Maruti, IOCL, ONGC, Shell, Cairn, Jindal Steel & Power and HPCL etc. He has several publications to his name.
- 'The 3Cs of 2019: Conflicts, contraction and confidence' by V P Singh, published by Forbes India (2020)
- 'Could the government spend more during the lockdown?' by V P Singh, published by Forbes India (2020)
- "To save the economy, businesses need social distance too", Forbes India, May 2020
- "Corona Scare Scar and Care", Business World, March 2020
- "Say no to a tax cut this Budget", Business Line on Campus, Jan 2020
- 'Budget 2019' by V P Singh, published by Zee Business/quoted (2019)
- "How the NDA can begin to fix agrarian distress and the job crisis", Forbes India, July 2019
- "Of a buzz-less Budget and fizz-less fiscal", Sify Finance, July 2019
- "What we can do to generate employment in India?", India Today online edition, Jun 2019
- 'Oil on a high Government goes dry' by V P Singh, published by Business World (2018)
- 'Ikea story is a success story for Modi's Make in India' by V P Singh, published by The National/quoted (2018)
- "MPC Stance of 'calibrated tightening' is more like 'calibrated loosening'", The Financial Express, Dec 2018
- "Is it oil behind the turmoil", The Financial Express, 30 Oct 2018
- "The 'education' we can take from Budget FY19", Financial Express
- "Looking back: Was 2017 the year of disruption or of consolidation" in the Financial Express
- "The Budget Buzz: Big Bang Or Business As Usual"
- "Oil on a high Government goes dry”
- "Rupee Depreciation 72 fold since Independence: What to infer", Forbes India
- "The Big Push: Are we ready for the Ambitious Targets", Renewable Watch, Dec 2015
- "Energy Demand Growth: India vs China", Power Today, May 2016
- "Reviving Power Sector: A need for sustaining India's Economic Growth', India Power, Jan- Mar 2015
- "Building Skill to Match the Will, Financial Express, Nov 24, 2014
- "Smart Analysis of Energy Demand: Key to Energy Management in India's Electricity Sector", ENERGY MANAGER, Jan-March 2015, a quarterly print magazine, brought out by Energy Press, the publishing wing of the Society of Energy Engineers and Managers (SEEM). The article has been accepted as Cover Feature.
- "Flaring Oil", Financial Express, Feb 7 2011