Dr. Poornima Gupta
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area: Organisational Behavior
Dr. Poornima Gupta is an Associate Professor in the field of Organizational Behaviour and HRM. She has more than sixteen years of experience in industry and academia. She has worked as faculty at National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT), Lucknow and organizations like Himalaya Exports Delhi, Permo Marketers, Lucknow and Ask Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., Vadodara. She holds a PhD in Management and is Post Graduate in Management and BSc in Statistics from Lucknow University.
She has conducted several MDP’s for executives of North Delhi Power Ltd.(NDPL), CSIR and FIEO.
- “Organisational Structure & Design an Indian Perspective”(2008), Macmillan Publishers, New Delhi
- “Family managed, Multinationals and Public Sector Enterprises- the Strategic choices for Global Competiveness” ,(2007) Anne Books, New Delhi
- The Capstone case- “FortCaps Ltd” (2006) , Fortune Institute of International Business, New Delhi
Paper Publication and Cases
- Co-authored paper titled \"Style matters: the influence of linguistic style on the efficacy of organizational accounts\" that has been selected for presentation in Academy of Management conference and has been nominated for the Carolyn Dexter Award
- \"Organizational Stress Among Indian Women Executives\", Cresent Journal of Business, Vol 2(1), 2013
- “Demographic Variables associated with organizational stress in women executives”, Journal of International Management, Vol 7(2), 2010
- “Organizational Commitment- a Case study”, in Focus, Vol 6, no. 1, April-Sept-2010, a referred journal of IFIMB, Bangalore
- A chapter on “Environment Protection and Corporate Social Responsibility: A Critique” in a book published by IISWBM Kolkata, in July 2009
- Paper on “relationship of demographic factors to the level of job satisfaction of employees of a garment manufacturing unit” Published in Amity Business Review, Vol 9, No. 3, July-December 2008
- Paper on “ Managing A Cross Cultural Workforce in the Globalised world” published in Fortune Journal of International Management, Vol 4, No 1.Jan-June 2007
- Written Case Study on the Human Resource Management in FORTCAPS as a part of the Capstone case published by FIIB.
- Paper on “Innovation through Inclusion” presented in the National conference on “Management Challenges in Emerging Economies” organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida on 20th January, 2007
- Paper on “Perceptions of the Appraisees of the Performance appraisal process\" published in Fortune Journal of International Management, Vol 3, No 1.
- Paper accepted on “Innovation through Inclusion”, at Jaipuria Institute of Management.
- Paper on “Innovation in Organisation” accepted for presentation at 33rd World Conference by IFTDO in Malaysia.
- Paper on “Perceptions of the Appraisees of the Performance appraisal process\". accepted for presentation at “Workshop on Advances in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management Research”, Toulouse, France
- Presented a paper on “Developing HR Competencies for Organizational Renewal” at NICOM, National Management Conference at NIRMA Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Published a paper on “Corporate Social Responsibility- Sustainability & Development” in the Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management & Research’s Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Case study on “Meenu Capsules –A” on problems faced in production and quality control by an industrial unit
- Case study on “Meenu Capsules –B” on incentive schemes offered in an industrial unit
Articles in Popular Press
- Case study on \"Understanding Human Behaviour at work place”, Human Capital, November 2015.
- Case study on \"The pangs of employee attrition”, Human Capital, September 2015.
- how professional is Gen - Y in Business Manager November 2015
- HR the Techie!! in Human Capital magazine, May 2015
- Glass Ceiling: very much a reality in People matters April 2015
- HR Analytics in People Matters Nov 2014
- Make in India in People Matters Dec 2014