Dr. Ahindra Chakrabarti
Area: Finance & Accounting
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Ahindra Chakrabarti joined as Professor at Great Lakes on 1st October 2013. Prior to this assignment, he was Director, International Management Institute Kolkata, an Institution set up by Sanjiv Goenka led RP-SG Group. He had taught at Management Development Institute between 1978-96; and at International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi between 1996-2010 . He has worked as Director (2000-02) Institute for Integrated Learning and Management (IILM) New Delhi and as Director General (2006-08) of Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB).
Dr. Chakrabarti holds a Master’s Degree in Commerce from the University of Burdwan; LLB Degree from University of Delhi and PhD from the University of Burdwan.
His area of expertise is Financial and Management Accounting; Cost Management; Infrastructure Finance with focus on Energy Sector; Investment Banking and Commercial Banking.
He has a number of research publications to his credit.
He has handled consulting assignments of DFID, European Commission; ILO and World Bank.
He has considerable experience in designing and delivering Management Development Programmes for government departments and corporate sector.
He has served as Member ,Task Force of the MOU Committee of Government of India and was Independent Director in Western Coalfields Limited, a Miniratna PSU of the Government of India.
Currently he is serving as Member Expert Committee for MOUs of the Department of Public Enterprises , Government of India.
- 'Capital Structure Puzzle –evidence from Indian energy sector' by Ahindra Chakrabarti with Anindita Chakrabarti (ABSB), published by International Journal of Energy Sector Management (2018).
- 'Bharti Airtel: Growth Imperatives & Financial Performance' by Umashankar Venkatesh with Ahindra Chakrabarti (GLIM GGN), published by The Case Centre (2018).
- 'Do Cash Dividend Announcements Influence Stock returns? Evidence from an Emerging economy, India.' by Ahindra Chakrabarti with Chanchal Chatterjee (IMI Kolkata), published by European Conference on Economics and Finance,London (2018).
- 'Structural Changes and Market Liquidity:Evidence from Indian Stock Market' by Ahindra Chakrabarti with Preeti Goyal (GLIM, Gurgaon), published by Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Society, Hong Kong (2018).
- 'Banking the Unbanked: The Fintech Revolution' by Preeti Goyal with Ahindra Chakrabarti (GLIM, Gurgaon), published by Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Society, Hong Kong (2018).
- 'Financial Inclusion in India: Evidence from its Banking Sector' by Preeti Goyal with Ahindra Chakrabarti (GLIM GGN), published by International Academy of Management and Business (2017)
- 'PSU buybacks help achieve investment target . But target is just a number' by Ahindra Chakrabarti with Chanchal Chatterjee (IMI Kolkata), published by Economic Times Prime (2019).