Anirban has about 20 years of expertise in brand advisory and integrated marketing communications. His breadth of experience covers media, marketing research, financial markets, brand consulting, and of course, strategic planning with organizations like The Statesman, MalayalaManorama, SHCIL, Shining Strategic Identity, MAA Bozell, IMRB International, TNS, Dentsu, DDB Mudra, FCB Ulka in the past and with J Walter Thompson in Delhi as Senior Vice President and Executive Planning Director, just before deciding to join academics full time at Great Lakes Institute of Management.
Apart from his role as a teacher, Anirban is also involved in industry sponsored consumer researches for marketing strategies with leading global marketing communications and consultancy groups.
A gold medalist in MBA from Jadavpur University in Calcutta, he did further studies in strategic management from IIM Calcutta as he pursed a long duration programme, Programme in Leading and Management [PLAM]. He is pursuing his Ph.D. programme at Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, an Institute of National Importance.
Anirban is also a speaker at various forums and has presented case studies at national and international seminars and conferences. He was a contributory speaker at the "Wharton Future of Advertising Round Table" in India and has been a member of the Global Strategic Planning Council of FCB worldwide network in the past. He has been in the Executive Committee of Rural Marketing Association of India in the past and currently continues to be a member of the ABC Task Force of India Sanitation Coalition at FICCI.
His current areas of interest include use of play techniques for marketing strategy development and leveraging digital technology for development sector interventions.
- 'Benevolence in new-age businesses of developing economies: Some conclusions from the information technology companies/sector of India (Journal of Human Values, Vol. (27), No. (1), p. 49-59.)' by Umashankar Venkatesh, Anirban Chaudhuri, Jones Matthew, published by Sage Publications (2020).
- 'Saral [Simple] Way To Bridge Digital Divide - Tech-based Innovation For Social Inclusion' by Anirban Chaudhuri with Jagdish Mitra (Tech Mahindra), published by International Conference on Responsible Marketing, organized by XLRI, Jamshedpur and La Trobe University, Australia (2017).
- 'Ramadan during coronavirus : will cultural branding work now ?' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by ET Brand Equity (2020).
- 'Is your true response to a social media post under lockdown too?' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by news4u.com (2020).
- 'How Brands can act as a driving force in the fight against novel coronavirus' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by Financial Express (2020).
- 'Businesses will have to adapt to the needs of a ‘1.5-metre’ society' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by Business Line on Campus (2020).
- 'What role can a brand play during a global crisis of pandemic nature' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by Brand Wagon (Financial Express) (2020).
- 'Fooling around is Fine, But avoid being foolhardy' by Anirban Chaudhuri , published by Business World (2019).
- 'Are We All Going Over The Top?' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by Business World (2019).
- 'How to market content successfully-the Ramayana way' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by ForbesIndia.com (2019).
- 'Direct selling companies in India set to generate nearly 2 crore jobs by 2025"' by Anirban Chaudhuri, published by ET Now/quoted (2018).