Dr. Kirti Sharma
Area: Accounting and Finance
Dr. Kirti Sharma completed her PhD and M.Phil. from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, in the area of Finance. She is also an Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, a Post Graduate Diploma holder in Management from Management Development Institute, Gurgaon and an alumnus of Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University. She has more than fifteen years of Industry-Academia experience.
Her Industry experience includes working with organizations such as Deloitte (formerly A.F. Ferguson), PricewaterhouseCoopers, Escorts Ltd., Vatika Ltd. and IBM Global Process Services. Her areas of expertise include audit, accounting, financial reporting and corporate finance. Her PhD thesis was in the area of Knowledge Management and its impact on financial performance.
In academics, she has worked with the Fortune Institute of International Business, teaching post graduate students. Prior to that, she was associated with IIMT-Oxford Brookes University teaching undergraduate students. She has completed the Certificate program for Teaching in Higher Education from Oxford Brookes University, UK. She has been associated with B-Schools MDI-Gurgaon, IMI-Delhi, and IMT-Ghaziabad for conducting guest lectures in the area of finance. She has addressed finance conferences in various national B-Schools and conducted trainings with industry personnel. Recently she conducted a session with National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) under Leadership for Academician’s Programme’ (LEAP) on ‘Financial Planning and Management of Higher Education’.
Her research interests include knowledge management and financial profitability in the service sector, Blockchains’ impact on accounting and audit, statutory compliances for Indian companies and strategic cost management. She has a number of publications in nationally and internationally referred journals, including a publication in an A-category journal.
- Sharma, K. (2009). Cases in Management-Indian and International Perspective, ‘Shankar’s International Dolls Museum’
- Chaklader, B and Sharma, K. (2018) Alok Industries Limited: Investment Decision Through Financial Statement Analysis. Case Centre, 118-0020-1, pp. 3-17.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Sharma, K., & Sharma, V. (2018). Evaluating knowledge management practices in Indian manufacturing and service industry: an overview. International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies, 9(3), 222-242.
- Sharma, K. (2013). Knowledge Management and its Impact on Organisations: An Assessment of Initiatives in the Industry. Journal of Technology Management for Growing Economies, 4(2). Published in the Journal of Chitkara University.
- Goyal, P., Sharma, K., & Jauhari, V. (2004). The state bank of India: A progressive study of transformation of a socialistic welfare organization into a market entity. Journal of Services Research, 4(2), 113. A joint paper published ABDC ‘C’ category Journal.
Editorial-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Madan, K. (2007). An analysis of the debt-equity structure of leading hotel chains in India. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 19(5), 397-414.
- Sharma, K. and Dutta, K. (2018). ‘Value Based Assessment and the Role of KM: An Exploratory Study of B2B Markets’, Management in the New Millennium, Bloomsbury ISBN 978-93-87471-42-9.
- Developing knowledge management scales: an overview (2016). Bloomsbury
- Sharma, K. and Dutta, K. (2013). Exploring the relationship between Knowledge Assets and effective Customer Service Delivery, One Billion Tourists – One Billion Opportunities.
- FDP on Financial Planning and Management for higher education (February 2019) organised by National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA)
- MDP on Creative Accounting (May 2017) conducted for members of Export Promotional Council of Handicraft Exports (EPCH).
- MDP on Cost Accounting (June 2017) conducted for Ministry of Finance officials - Afghanistan
- MDP on Business Financials’ Foundation (August 2017) conducted for a Multinational Telecom Company.
- MDP on Pricing Boot Camp (November 2017) conducted for a Multinational Telecom Company.
- MDP on Advanced Public Financials (November 2017) conducted for Ministry of Finance- Afghanistan
- FDP on Creative Accounting and Salary Tax Planning (April 2018) conducted at FIIB.
Invited speech/Panel discussion
- Global Financial Crisis- Issues, challenges and strategies (March 2012) at JIMS Kalkaji.
- Panel discussion on Budget in 2018 at Fortune Institute of International Budget.
- Moderator for Session on Block Chains at Fortune Institute of International Business.
- Speaker at Conference organised by Potential Leaders of Tomorrow organised by All India Institute of Management Association.
Session chair/Program chair for conference
- Session chair International Conference on Services Management (2005).