Dr. Sheetal Menon
Area: Strategic Management
Dr. Sheetal Menon is an Associate Professor in the area of Strategic Management at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon – one of India’s premier business schools. Dr. Menon has a PhD from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay and received her doctoral funding from the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) IPR Chair fellowship.
Prior to joining Great Lakes, Dr. Menon had over two years of experience working as a Management Consultant in the Innovation Advisory Division of Sathguru Management Consultants, Hyderabad. Her consultancy projects involved advisory services to national and international agencies like Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India), USAID, World Bank, and Gates Foundation, in addition to multinationals and start-up enterprises across diverse sectors.
Her current research interests include strategies for technology-based firms (TBFs), circular economy business models, technology adoption and diffusion for new and emerging technologies, blockchain’s impact on supply chain, healthcare and financial services, and leveraging patinformatics for strategic technology management. Dr. Menon has several publications to her credit in national and international peer-reviewed journals, as well as conference proceedings. She is also a journal reviewer for leading management journals listed in ABDC including Technology Analysis & Strategic Management and Business Perspectives and Research.
- Menon, Sheetal, & Jha, S. K. (2016). National Biosafety System for Regulating Agricultural Biotechnology in India. International Journal of Biotechnology (IJBT), Vol. 14(2). 151-169. [Indexed in Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBT.2016.077941 [Peer-reviewed]
- Menon, Sheetal, Jha, S. K., & Jain, K. (2015). Patent Landscape Analysis of Crop Biotechnology in India. International Journal of Intellectual Property Management (IJIPM), Vol. 8(3/4). 111-134. [Peer-reviewed] https://doi.org/10.1504/IJIPM.2015.076543 [Listed in ABDC Journal; Indexed in Scopus]
- Menon, Sheetal (2020). Blockchain and Intellectual Property – A Mutual Association. Presented as an invited paper at 5th International Conference on Management of Intellectual Property and Strategy (MIPS, 2020) at IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India. [Peer-reviewed]
- Menon, Sheetal, Paranjape, V., & Kapur, R. (2018). Framework for Intellectual Property Auditing for Plant Breeding Companies. Presented at the 4th International Conference on Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy (MIPS 2018). Jointly organized by NITIE and IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India. [Peer-reviewed]
- Paranjape, V., Shelton, A., Hossain, J., Majumdar, R., Hussain, S., Hossain, A., Menon, Sheetal. (2018). Strategies to Sustain Bt Brinjal Technology, Reduce Variety Approval Time, and Accelerate Adoption in Bangladesh. Poster presentation at South Asia Biosafety Conference (SABC) September 15-17, 2018, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Menon, Sheetal, Jha, S. K., & Jain, K. (2016). Examining Strategies of Firms Leveraging Agricultural Biotechnology in the Indian Seed Industry: A Case Study Approach. Proceedings of 25th International Conference on Management of Technology (IAMOT) Florida, US. IAMOT ISBN USB: 0-9815817-8-1 [Peer-reviewed]
- Menon, Sheetal, Jha, S.K., & Jain, K. (2014). Examine Concentration in Plant Variety Protection Filings: A Comparative Study of Indian Context with Global Trends. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and International & Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) Conference on ‘Innovations in Agriculture’, New Delhi, India. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.20504.85769 [Peer-reviewed]
- Parthasarathy, S., & Menon, Sheetal (2012). Exploring Competitiveness of Electric Vehicles Industry in India: Implications for Key Stakeholders. Proceedings of 2nd Annual Global Conference on Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation (AGCETI). pp. 86 - 100. Mumbai, India. [Peer-reviewed]
Book Chapters & Monographs
- Menon, Sheetal & Vijayaraghavan, K. (2017), STEM Annual Survey Report on Status of Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer in Public Research Institutions in India. Report of Society for Technology Management (STEM) Annual Summit, 14-15th September, 2017, Hyderabad, India
- Menon, Sheetal, & Jha, S. K. (2014). Use of Patent Analytics to Identify Trends in Insect Resistant Crop Biotechnologies within Indian Context. IP for Development: The Emerging Paradigm’, Elsevier Publications. 2014. ISBN: 978-93-5107-203-4
- Menon, Sheetal, Jha, S. K., & Jain, K. (2013), MHRD IPR Chair Regional Sectoral Report on “Seed Sector in India”. URL: http://mhrdiprchairs.org/iitb/Publications/Monographs