Prof. Ravindra Ojha
Prof. Ravindra Ojha, is a Professor – Operations at the Great Lakes Institute of Management Gurugram. In the recent past he has also served the NorthCap University (NCU) and the School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL) Gururgram as a Director. He started his professional career as a Graduate Engineer Trainee at Telco (now Tata Motors) Jamshedpur and went up the ladder to become the Managing Director of G. K. N. Driveline India Ltd and has a rich industrial experience of 30 years in the automotive manufacturing sector. He has a degree of B Tech. (Mechanical) from N.I.T (formerly R.E.C) Warangal (Gold medalist) and M Engg.(Industrial Engg & Management) from the Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok. His areas of interest are Manufacturing excellence, Lean operating systems, Project Management and Leadership competency management. He has a number of publications in these areas.
- 'Is Post-COVID Indian Manufacturing Ready to Embrace Industry 4.0?', by Dr. Ravindra Ohja, published by Manufacturing Today (2021)
- 'VSM – Driving Force to Business Process Transformation in the Pandemic Period' by Dr. Ravindra Ojha, published by Manufacturing Today (2021)
- 'Guest Column: Will next-to-normal lead to robust manufacturing?', by Dr. Ravindra Ojha, published by Manufacuting Today (2021)
- 'The Circular Economy Imperative' by Ravindra Ojha , published by EPC World magazine. (2020)
- 'Manufacturing sector challenges & recommendations' by Ravindra Ojha , published by Construction Times (2020)
- 'Scalability, Speed and Skill ' by Ravindra Ojha , published by The Machinist Magazine (2020)
- 'From crisis to transformation' by Ravindra Ojha , published by The Machinist Magazine (2020)
- 'Overemphasis on Informal labour: a challenge for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ ' by Ravindra Ojha , published by Manufacturing India (2020)
- 'Good Governance Can Hasten Manufacturing Growth' by Ravindra Ojha , published by Construction Times (2020)
- 'Enablers of Lean for Manufacturing Excellence – An Interpretive Structural Modelling and Analysis' by Ravindra Ojha , published by MDI -VISION (2020)
- Ojha R and Tabucanon M T, 1986, A Review of some cellular manufacturing system methodologies, Industrial Engineering Journal, vol, XV, No 7, Jul’1986. (Best paper awarded)
- Tabucanon M T and Ojha R, 1987, ICRMA – A heuristics approach for intercell flow reduction in cellular manufacturing systems, Material Flow 4 (1987), pp 189-197 (Elsevier science publishers).
- Ojha R and Tabucanon M T, 1988, A Heuristic for Machine – component cell formation in cellular manufacturing system. Industrial Engineering Journal, 1988, vol, XVII, No 4, April 1988. (Best paper awarded)
- Ojha Ravindra, 1989, A productivity linked incentive scheme for a job shop foundry, Industrial Engineering Journal, 1988.
- Ojha Ravindra, 2001, An approach to ‘Technical and Quality system audit’ process of an auto manufacturing company, Industrial Engineering Journal, No 8, pp 27-31, Aug 2001.
- Ojha Ravindra, 2001, A quantitative approach for assessing the technical and quality health of a multi-location automobile manufacturing group, Industrial Engineering Journal, No 12, pp 18-21, Dec 2001.
- Ojha R, Anwar M & Dogra R, 2014, Variable earning for workmen in a volatile demand scenario – an application. 2014, Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol VII, issue 4, pp 25-28, April.
- Ojha R, Katyal S and Sethi S, 2014, An application of Production excellence through value flow – a case study, Industrial Engineering Journal, vol, VII, issue 6, pp 28-33, June. (Best paper award)
- Ojha R and Sharma, A, 2014, Creating and sustaining the lean office journey - some experiential facts, Vol. 38, No. 3, July- September 2014, Udyog Pragati, NITIE, Mumbai.
- Ojha R, Vij A K and Vrat P, 2014, Manufacturing Excellence and its Critical Factors - An Interpretive Structural Methodology, Vol. 11, No. 3, 2014, Journal of Advances in Management Research. (Best paper award)
- Ojha R, Vrat P, 2015, Long-term implications of the burgeoning informal labour hiring in Indian manufacturing sector: A System Dynamics analysis, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol 16, issue 4, pp 347-360
- Ojha R, Vrat P, 2016, Prioritizing Factors for Manufacturing Growth in India: An Analytic Network Process Approach. International Journal of Industrial Systems and Engineering.
- Ojha R, Vrat P and Sharma N, 2016, Long-term Implications of Highway Quality and Length in the Growth of Indian Manufacturing Sector: A System Dynamics Analysis, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, Vol 75, August 2016, pp 466-474.
- Ojha R, Vrat P, 2016, Strategies to accelerate Manufacturing Growth in India: A System Dynamics - Interpretive Structural Modeling analysis, VISION- The Journal of Business Perspective, June 2016, issue 20, pp- 85-100, doi:10.1177/0972262916637255.
- Ojha R and Vrat P, 2017, Impact of Good Governance on Indian Manufacturing Growth: A System Dynamics Analysis, METAMORPHOSIS, 16(1), 1-10, 2017
- Saket Jha, Shikha Kasyap and Ravindra Ojha, 2016, Evaluation of Performance Parameters of End of Line (EOL) Testing Machine in Automotive Industry using AHP technique, Journal of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering (JAAE), September, Vol 3, pp 73-76,
- Omkar Kaushik, Shikha Kashyap and Ravindra Ojha, 2016, Analysis of Rotary Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Process in Automotive Industry using 7 QC Tools, Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, September, Vol 3, 1025-1029.
- Kalra P, Bhardwaj R, Kasyap S, Ojha R, 2016, To increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness using Value Stream Mapping: Review and Analysis, Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, Vol.3, No. 2, pp 69-72.
- Aghi D, Upathayay K, Kasyap S and Ojha R, 2016, Efficiency Improvement and Productivity enhancement in Tier II Automotive companies: Review and Analysis, Journal of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering, vol 3, no 2, pp 66-68.
- Omkar Kaushik, Saket Jha, Shikha Kashyap and Ravindra Ojha, 2018, Inventory Reduction using the Optimal Policy Curve approach: A Case study, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, Inderscience, (accepted and is under publication).
- Ojha R and Vrat P, 2017, Integrated Impact of Highway Infrastructure, Labour Productivity and Circular Material Consumption on Indian Manufacturing Growth – A System Dynamics Perspective, Vol 14, issue 4, pp 1-17, Journal of Advances in Management Research.
- Kalra P, Bhardwaj R, Kasyap S and Ojha R, 2018, High Pressure Die-Casting Process Rejection Reduction using Lean Six-sigma approach – A Case study, Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol X1 & Issue no 1 January 2018.
- Kaushik M, Chauhan G, Mathiyazhagan K, Ojha R, Kumar M, 2019, Reducing Rejections using Six Sigma: A case from Indian automobile component manufacturing industry. International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Inderscience, Vol 33, No 1, 2019.
- Ojha R and Vrat P, 2019, Implications of Goods and Services Tax Reform on the Make-in-India Initiative: A System Dynamics Perspective, System Research and Behaviour Science, 2019; 36: pp. 551–563. https://doi.org/10.1002/sres.2570
- Ojha R and Vrat P, 2020, Circular Material Resource Consumption for Sustainability of Manufacturing Growth: A System Dynamics Analysis, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 349-375.
- Ojha Ravindra, 2020, Indian Manufacturing sector in the Post-COVID-19 period: A SWOT cum TOWS analysis, Industrial Engineering Journal, accepted and is under publication.
- 'Online Sales of Fruits and Vegetables Gaining Traction', by Dr. Ravindra Ojha, published by The Hindu BusinessLine (2021)
- 'How govt can create sustainable manufacturing growth in India' by Ravindra Ojha , published by Forbes India (2021)
- 'India turns to auction houses in bid to recoup assets from fleeing businessmen' by V P Singh, published by The National (2020)
- 'Fast Track 'Make - in - India for turbocharging manufacturing growth' by Ravindra Ojha , published by Forbes India (2020)