Prof. Swaminathan T N
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Prof. Swami\'s career has spanned close to 40 years both in Industry & Academics. He worked for close to 33 years in companies like HLL, Wipro, Shaw Wallace, Dynavision, Geoffrey Manners, Dabur and Tate & Lyle North America. His experience is rich blend of in-depth urban, rural and international marketing, sales and distribution, turnaround and heading SBUs.
A Microbiologist turned MBA (IIM-Calcutta), he has cross functional experience arising out of a strong R&D, Systems, Sales & Marketing and a Strategic thinking background in MNCs & Indian organizations of repute. Prior to moving in to Chennai in 2004, he was the CEO (Vice President & Business Head) of Tate & Lyle North America’s J V in India before moving on to an international B2B assignment with Tate & Lyle North America. He continued till 2006 as a retainer to Tate & Lyle North America to advise on South & South East Asia.
Prof. Swaminathan has been teaching since 1992 - Marketing, Sales & Strategic Management courses & MDPs as Visiting / Guest Faculty at IIMC, IIMB, KC Institute of Management-Mumbai, IMT-Ghaziabad, IMI- Delhi, Fore school Delhi, IIPM-Chennai, BIM-Trichy, ITM-Chennai etc. He was Head - External Relations & Adjunct Professor at IFMR-Chennai before moving to Great Lakes in 2008 as Director-External Relations & Professor of Marketing.
Prof. Swaminathan’s co-authored case study ‘Call taxi service on the Fast Track’ was published in 2010 in the IMT Case Journal. Another case study, ‘Jade Magnet - Growing a Creative Crowd-sourcing Enterprise’, has been selected by the ISB-Ivey Global case competition 2012 for publication in the Ivey Richard Case collection through HBR. His latest case study ‘Aachi – Spicing up a Growth Trajectory’ is awaiting publication. Besides, his articles have been published in IMT casebook, ET, Metropolis, Paradigm etc., and he has reviewed text books for Pearson Prentice Hall & Vijay Nicole. His areas of interest are: Brand Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Services Marketing, CRM & Retailing, Turning Around Companies.
List of Representative Publications
1) ‘Jade Magnet - Growing a Creative Crowd-sourcing Enterprise’, has been selected by the ISB-Ivey Global case competition 2012 for publication in the Ivey Richard Case collection through HBR.
2) Co-authored ‘Call taxi service on the Fast Track’ was published in 2010 in the IMT Case Journal. Vol.1 No1. 2011
3) ‘Aachi – Spicing up a Growth Trajectory’ awaiting publication.
4) Renting Mind Space – Metropolis – May 1992
5) STRATCOMPLAN - Heads or Tails , Brand Equity - November, 1993
6) SUPERCOMPLAN – “ PARADIGM’ – The House Journal of IMT Ghaziabad – Feb 1998