Dr. Bhardwaj S
Great Lakes Institute of Management
S. Bharadhwaj is currently Dr. Bala V. Balachandran & Vasantha Balachandran Chair Professor of Marketing. Prior to joining Great Lakes, he worked at Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras and Nanyang Business School, Singapore. His main research interests are in the areas of Variety Seeking Behavior, Impulse Buying Behavior and the effect of other marketing variables and phenomena on these behaviors. His secondary research interests are in Search Behavior and Integrated Marketing Communications. His work appears in leading journals such as the Journal of Business Research, Journal of Marketing Management, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, and Journal of International Consumer Marketing. He teaches Marketing Research and Consumer Behavior. Dr. S. Bharadhwaj holds a PhD in Marketing from the Robert Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park, USA. He has an MBA from BIM, Trichy and a BSc in Chemistry from Vivekananda College, Chennai.
List of Representative Publications
- Piyush Sharma, Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran and Roger Marshall (2013), “Looking Beyond Impulse Buying: A Cross-cultural and Multi-domain Investigation of Consumer Impulsiveness\", European Journal of Marketing, forthcoming.
- Arti Kalro, Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran and Rahul Marathe (2013), \"Direct or Indirect Comparative Ads: The Role of Modes of Information Processing\", Journal of Consumer Behaviour, forthcoming (in special issue on \"Challenges to Attitude and Behaviour Change through Persuasion\").
- Geetha Mohan, Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran and Piyush Sharma (2013), \"The Impact of Store Environment on Impulse Buying\",European Journal of Marketing, forthcoming.
- Geetha Mohan, Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran and Piyush Sharma (2012), \"Store Environment\\\'s Impact on Variety Seeking\", Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 19(4), pp. 419-428.
- Joseph, Joshy and Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran (2011), \"Consumer Promotions in Indian Markets\", Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Vol. 23 (2), pp. 151-165.
- Sharma, Piyush, Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran and Roger Marshall, \"(2011). Deliberate Self-Indulgence vs. Involuntary Loss of Self-Control: Towards a Robust Cross-Cultural Consumer Impulsiveness Scale, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Vol. 23 (3/4), pp. 229-245.
- Sharma, P., Sivakumaran, B., & Marshall, R. (2010), , \"Impulse Buying and Variety Seeking: A Trait-Correlates Perspective\", Journal of Business Research, 63(3), pp. 276-283.
- Sharma, Piyush, Bharadhwaj Sivakumaran and Roger Marshall, \"(2010). Exploring Impulse Buying and Variety Seeking by Retail Shoppers: Towards a Common Conceptual Framework, Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 26 (5/6), pp. 473-494.
Awards and Recognitions
1) Emerald All India Management Association (AIMA) Indian Management Research Fund Award 2009, with Arti Kalro and Piyush Sharma
2) AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Maryland, 2001
3) Deans’ Summer Research Fellowship Award, University of Maryland, Summer 2000
4) Deans’ Summer Research Fellowship Award, University of Maryland, Summer 1999
5) First Prize, Case Study Writing Competition, Association of Indian Management Schools, August 1997