Ashish Kumar Kaushal
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Mr Ashish Kaushal pursued his M. Tech. from Thapar University and B. Tech. from Punjab Technical University. Recently, he also submitted his thesis at the Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi. His research is in the area of supply chains and his thesis title is – “ Mathematical Modelling of Uncertainties in Humanitarian Supply Chains”. Mr Kaushal has an academic experience of working in the capacity of a Teaching Assistant andcomes with industry experience of working with NTPC- Koldam and ACC- Cements Ltd, as a management Trainee. He has also done a lot of research volunteering work for organizations such as NDMA(National Disaster Management Association), NDRF(National Disaster Relief Force)and Khalsa-Aid (UK registered Charity).
Teaching Areas: Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Methods in Business Management, International Business Management, International Financial Management, Current and Emerging Issues in Manufacturing Management and Analytics.
JOURNAL PAPERS UNDER REVIEW:
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "A bi-objective location-routing-inventory problem in humanitarian supply chain considering network failure and lateral trans-shipments". (Under second review in Transportation Research: Part E).
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Review of OR/MS applications in disaster operations management research: a systematic literature review from 2010-2016". (Under review in the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management).
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Stochastic goal programming model for integrated resource allocation and distribution for humanitarian logistics using hybrid fireworks algorithm." (Under review in the International Journal of Production Research)
- Kaushal A., Choudhary A. & Shankar R. "Decision support system for humanitarian supply chain. (Under review in Expert System With Applications)
- Kaushal A, Hicks C. & Shankar R. "A facility location-allocation and inventory model for disaster response healthcare logistics." (Under review in Annals of Operations Research)
- Kaushal A, Chaudhary A. & Shankar R. "Location and routing decisions for humanitarian supply chains using a fuzzy multi-objective approach". 28th Annual POMS Conference, Seattle, USA.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Warehouse location decisions using Taguchi loss function, FAHP and multi-choice goal programming for disaster". 28th Annual POMS Conference, Seattle, USA.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "A generalized analytic network process based decision support system for disaster centre location: A case study for Chennai floods". 19th Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, ABVP-IIITM, Gwalior, India.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Multi objective integrated approach for supplier selection and allocation in resilient supply chains: A case of Chennai floods". 19th Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, ABVP-IIITM Gwalior, India.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Location selection of sustainable debris collection points after a disaster. International Workshop on EU-India Research & Innovation Partnership for Efficient and Sustainable Freight Transportation, IIT-Bombay.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Sustainable Route Selection for Emergency Logistics Management Using Bio-Inspired Algorithm". International Workshop on Global Sustainable Business Practices in Freight Logistics and Related Issues.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Design of a multiobjective network planning model for food aid distribution during Chennai floods, 2015, India: A big data analytic approach". 48th Annual DSI Conference.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "Exploring the predictive potential of artificial neural networks in conjunction with DEA in disaster mitigation plan performance modelling. 2017 Annual INFORMS Conference.
- Kaushal A. & Shankar R. "A decision support system for location of warehouses during the preparedness phase". 48th Annual DSI Conference.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS:
- Awarded Doctoral fellowship from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi from January 2013-till date)
- Awarded Travel grant from POMS conference worth (US$500) for attending POMS-2017.
- Awarded Travel grant from Department of Science and Technology (DST) worth (US$750)for attending 48th Annual Decision Sciences Institute Conference-2017.
- Best Reviewer Award by Emerald for 2016.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE-2011) with all India rank of 171
- Qualified CSIR-UGC NET in Engineering Sciences in 2014
- Awarded grant form Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) worth (US$1100) in 2016.
- Awarded MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development) scholarship during Masters of Technology (2010-12).
- Student Coordinator, 2014, Two-day workshop on Sustainable Freight Logistics funded by UKERI.
- PhD. Department Representative (2014-15), IIT-Delhi
- P.G Secretary (2013-2014) of NSS-IIT Delhi
- Deputy General Secretary of Co-Curricular and Academic Interaction Council (CAIC), IITDelhi
- Secretary, (2011-12), Placement Committee, Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab