Ramesh’s research focuses on the development of knowledge representation and reasoning models for a variety of planning and design problems such as requirements engineering and traceability in systems development, business process redesign, and concurrent product development.
Ramesh's research interests include the design of computer-based systems for collaborative work, software process improvement and decision support systems. His research has appeared in several leading conferences and journals including the IEEE Transactions of Software Engineering, Annals of Operations Research, Annals of Software Engineering and IEEE Expert. Models and techniques developed by him have been incorporated in several leading computer-aided software engineering tools. His research has been funded by several prestigious government and industry sources.
Ph.D., New York University
M.Phil., New York University
P.G.D.M. (M.B.A.), Indian Institute of Management
B.E., University of Madras, India
List of Publications:
- B. Ramesh and M. Jarke, "Towards Reference Models for Requirements Traceability". IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2000 (forthcoming).
- Ramesh and Amrit Tiwana, "Supporting Collaborative Process Knowledge Management in New Product Development Teams," Decision Support Systems Vol. 27, 1999. pp. 213-235.
- B. Ramesh. "Factors Influencing Requirements Traceability Practice", Communications of the ACM, pp. 37-44, December 1998.
- B. Ramesh, "Representing and Reasoning with Traceability in Model Life Cycle Management," Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 54, pp. 123-145, 1997.
- B. Ramesh, C. Stubbs, T. Powers, and M. Edwards, "Requirements Traceability: Theory and Practice," Annals of Software Engineering, vol. 3, pp. 397-415, 1997.
Awards and Recognitions
- Regents' Teaching Excellence Award / University System of Georgia Regents' Faculty Hall of Fame Award, 2008 for "contributions to outstanding teaching in Georgia", 2008. University System of Georgia's top faculty award.
- Robinson College of Business Board of Advisors Excellence Award for Research, 2007 for "outstanding research and publications record during the past three to five years"
- Myron T. Greene Outstanding Teaching Award, 2002, 2007.
- Robinson College of Business Board of Advisors Excellence Award for Teaching, 2006 for "outstanding teaching performance during the past three to five years"
- Faculty Recognition Award for Research, 2006. Top annual award in the Robinson College of Business for research
- Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching, 2004. Top annual award in the Robinson College of Business for teaching
- Outstanding Faculty Achievement Award, 2002, Top faculty award at Georgia State University for "extraordinary achievements in teaching, research and service"
- Outstanding Instructional Achievement Award, 1996, Top award in the Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, Naval Postgraduate School for teaching
- Outstanding Research Achievement Award, 1995, Top award in the Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, Naval Postgraduate School for research