Veeravalli R S
R. S. Veeravalli is currently the Director, Post Graduate Executive Program in Management (PGXPM) and Co-Director, Global Energy Executive MBA (GEMBA) program from the Bauer College of Business, University of Houston, USA, and Associate Professor, with Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. His teaching areas are Entrepreneurship, Negotiations and Learning & Development. He heads the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at Great Lakes. Prior to joining Great Lakes, he has spent 25 years in corporate organizations in senior & top management positions in Shipping, FMCG & Healthcare businesses and Management Consulting before turning to academics full- time. He has worked with the Godrej group for more than half his career in Sales, Distribution, Product Supply, Quality and HR functions in senior management. He was the nominated Chief Executive Officer for ISO 9000 Quality Systems in Godrej Sara Lee Ltd.
He has taught a course on Quality Management at the School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai, as a Co-faculty.
He has been trained in JUSE Japan in TQM, is a Certified Assessor for CII-exim Bank Business Excellence Award model (which is based on the European Quality Award (EFQM) model).
He holds a Masters Degree in Sociology, and has done an accelerated Senior Management program (six months duration) with Cornell University, USA. He is presently registered for PhD in Management. He has also done the Entrepreneurship Educators’ Certificate program with Stanford University.
List of Representative Publications
1) Written a book on entrepreneurship in vernacular Tamil published by Vikatan publications
2) Regularly writes on various areas of his teaching interests in management
3) Area of research interest is the Transformation process in Learning & development
Awards and Recognitions
1) Nominated Chief Executive Officer for ISO 9000 Quality Systems in Godrej Sara Lee Ltd.
2) Was one of the youngest to become a General Manager in the godrej group at about 33 years of age, had a fast track growth in career.
3) Awarded a consulting assignment by Hindustan unilever to cover their southern india warehousing services for people development and system revamp as a significant intervention.