Dr. Sandeep Srivathsan is currently an Assistant Professor in the area of Operations Management. Prior to joining Great Lakes, he has worked as a post-doctoral researcher in Oklahoma State University (OSU) , Stillwater, OK, USA, and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore for over four years. He holds MS and PhD degrees in Industrial Engineering and Management from OSU, and a BE degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Madras.
His research primarily focuses on developing performance evaluation tools for supply chain networks using queueing theory, Markov chains and discrete-event simulation. His other research interests include freight modeling and air traffic management. His current research activities have focused on prescribing departure pushback control policies that can aid in mitigating airport surface congestion, and thus help in reducing fuel consumption as well as the resulting emissions during the taxi-out process.
List of Publications:
- Desai, J., Lian, G., Srivathsan, S., (2017), “A Hybrid Penalty-based Dynamic Policy for Effective Departure Pushback Control,” in Proceedings of the 2017 Industrial & Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC 2017), Pittsburgh, FL, USA.
- Srivathsan, S., Viswanathan, S., (2017), “A Queueing-based Optimization Model for Planning Inventory of Refurbished Components in a Service Center,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, 106, pp. 373-385.
- Srivathsan, S., Kamath, M., (2017), “Performance Modeling of a Two-Echelon Supply Chain under different Levels of Upstream Inventory Information Sharing,” Computers & Operations Research, 77, pp. 210-225.
- Zhang, D., Desai, J., Yu, C., Lau, H.Y.K., Srivathsan, S., (2016) “A Time-space Network Flow Approach to Dynamic Repositioning in Bicycle Sharing Systems,” accepted in Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trb.2016.12.006.
- Srivathsan, S., Kamath, M., (2013), Modeling Production-Inventory Systems, Chapter 20 in Handbook of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Second Edition (Ed. A.B.Badiru), CRC Press, pp. 351-369.
- Srivathsan, S., Kamath, M., (2012), “Performance Modeling of a Two-Echelon Supply Chain with Inventory Visibility,” in Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial & Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC 2012), Orlando, FL, USA.
- Srivathsan, S., Kamath, M., (2012), “An Analytical Performance Modeling Approach for Supply Chain Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science & Engineering, 9 (2), pp. 265-275.
- Kamath, M., Srivathsan, S., (2012), “A Comparative Evaluation of Analytical Approximations for Production-Inventory Networks,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, 62, pp. 644-652.
- Kamath, M., Srivathsan, S., Ingalls, R.G., Shen, G., Pulat, P.S., (2011), “TISCSoft: A Decision Support System for Transportation Infrastructure and Supply Chain System Planning,” in Proceedings of the 44th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-44), Kauai, HI, USA.
- Best Paper award in the Modeling and Simulation track, Industrial & Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC) 2017.
- Gilbreth Memorial Fellowship, Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), 2008 – 2009.
- Southworth International Honor Scholarship, Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc., 2006 – 2007.