Dr. Rajeshwari K is a post graduate from IIM Ahmedabad and a Ph.D from IIT Madras. She has worked in top corporates like Hindustan Unilever and Nippon Paint India for fifteen years in sales and Marketing and taught in various IIMs across the country. Her previous assignment prior to joining Great Lakes was ‘Associate Professor –Marketing’ at XLRI, and her last position in corporate was ‘Vice President Marketing and Branding’. She is a researcher, author, teacher, academic film maker and a management consultant. She has authored a book ‘My Life My Choice- Mid-life career choices in 2011 and produced a film that was selected for screening at International fil festival, Baltimore. She is also a regular columnist in the Hindu Business Line.
Rajeshwari has been the recipient of Women Achiever awards twice (2011 and 2012) and was recently recognized as a Distinguished Woman in Management, 2017. She won an ‘International Emerald case writing’ award in 2012 and the ‘Chairman’ award for setting up an Innovative distribution at Hindustan Lever Limited.
Rajeshwari is a part of many organizations like CII Task force on entrepreneurship, CII Indian women network, IIMA and IIT Alumni, Inner wheel for Women, PDMA and MMA. Her research areas include new product development, sales and distribution in FMCG sector as well as Mid-life career challenges of women. She regularly publishes articles and cases in Indian and International journals.
List of Publications:
- Rajeshwari Victor, Never Innovate to compete rather innovate to change the rules of the game, Emerald Emerging Markets Studies. (Published 2011, DOI : 10.1108/ 20450621211306584 ).
- K Rajeshwari and P Vijayaraghavan, How cooking as a consumption practice helps resolve value conflicts, Advances in Consumer Research.
- K Rajeshwari, New product development in an entrepreneurial company, International Journal of Product Management.
- K Rajeshwari and Pradeep Gopalakrishna,Starbucks- Market Entry into India. Asian Journal of Case studies.
- K. Rajeshwari,New Product development-What is the right eco-system ,NASMEI International Marketing Conference-Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai, Dec 2010.
- K. Rajeshwari,Research Gaps in the area of new product development in consumer packaged goods industry, PESIT/ Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Bangalore, Nov 2012.
- K Rajeshwari,Mid-life career challenges by women- Stand Up India- International conference on women entrepreneurship and empowerment-GOI.
- K. Rajeshwari, Painting a perfect picture,ICFAI, 2016.