Dr.Shameem S is currently Assistant Professor in the area of OB/HRM. Prior to joining Great Lakes, she worked at National Oxygen Limited, as HR officer, Institute for financial management and research (IFMR) as a faculty and University of Gottingen, Germany as Guest Scientist. Her main research interests are in the areas of Emotional finance, Neuromarketing, Social media and learning, employee and customer behaviors, Interpersonal communications (Person, telephone, e-mails etc) and its impact on emotions, cognitions and behaviors. Her secondary research interests are in Medical tourism, intercultural studies and organizational gossips. Dr. Shameem S holds a PhD in Management specializing in HRM/OB from Department of Management Studies, DoMS, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT – Chennai). She has a M.Sc. in Applied Psychology specializing in Industrial Psychology from Pondicherry University and BSc in Medical technology from JIPMER.
- Shameem,S. and Ganesh,M.P. (2014): Exploring the Mediating Role of Emotional Labour between Nature of Interaction and Intention to quit, Journal of Business and Policy research, 9(1), pp.168-181.
- Shameem,S and Ganesh,M.P. (2013) : Effect of nature of interaction on organizational citizenship behaviour: Exploring the mediating role of emotional labour. International Journal of Commerce, Business and Management, 2(6), ISSN: 2319–2828.
- Shameem,S. and Ganesh,M.P. (2012): The mediating role of emotional labour between interaction characteristics and organizational citizenship behaviour, In TiloWendler (Ed) e-book, Challenges for Analysis of the business and economy, ISBN 978-3-927535-89-3, DCM-Verlag publications.
- Shameem, S. (2015) Mode of Interaction impact Emotional Labour? A Mixed method Study among Service Employees in India”, Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Vol. 5(11), 196-205.
- Shameem,S. (2014): Examining the Moderation Effects of Individual Characteristics between Employee Customer Interaction and Emotional Labour. First HR Division conference of the Academy of Management (AOM), Beijing, China during June 15-16.
- Shameem, S. and Ganesh, M.P. (2013): Effect of nature of interaction on intention to quit-The mediating role of emotional labour. 23 rd International business research conference, Melbourne, Australia, November 18-20. (Best Paper Award)
- Shameem,S. and Ganesh, M.P. (2012): Assessing sociocultural adaptation of international students: Comparison between India and Germany. National academy of Psychology conference, Bangalore, December 10-12.
- Shameem, S. and Ganesh, M.P. (2012): The mediating role of emotional labour between interaction characteristics and organizational citizenship behaviour. Scientific Conference -Challenges for Analysis of the Business and the Economy, Berlin, Germany, September 13-16.
- Shameem,S and Ganesh M.P. (2011) : Emotional labour and its outcomes in cross cultural context: Role of organizational and Individual characteristics. Yales-Great Lakes 6th International Conference. Chennai, December 28. (Best Research Proposal Award)
- Pondicherry University Prize for being University first in B.Sc
- Pondicherry University Gold Medal for being University first in M.Sc
- Best Outgoing Student of 2004-2007 Batch (B.Sc) JIPMER
- National Eligibility Test (December 2012) for Lectureship (HR/OB)
- Advanced green belt certification in Six Sigma and ISO 9001:2008 Professional
- Exchange program at Technical University of Munich, Germany (Apr"12-Sep"12) UnderDAAD “New Passage to India"Scholarship.
- NHRDN member