Dr. V. Pradeep is currently working as a Senior Lecturer at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. Prior joining Great Lakes he was an Economist at Society of Integrated Coastal Management (SICOM) under Ministry of Environment and Forests, New Delhi. He also worked as a post-doctoral researcher at National Central University, TAIWAN and Research Assistant Professor at North-West University, Potchefstroom Campus, SOUTH AFRICA.
He received his Ph.Din Economics from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in 2007. His primary research focusses on productivity and efficiency, FDI and trade reforms in manufacturing sector. He also has good teaching experience at university level and handled subjects like Micro/Macro Economics, Econometrics and Industrial Economics. He also served as a reviewer for the journal Regional Science, Policy and Practice (Wiley).
Education: MBA, MA, Ph.D.
LIST OF REPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS
PEER REVIEWED RESEARCH PAPERS
- V. Pradeep, Mita Bhattacharya and Jong-Rong Chen (2017), Spillover Effects of Research and Development, Exports and Foreign Investment on Productivity: Empirical Evidence from Indian Manufacturing, Journal of South Asian Development, Vol.12 (1), pp.18-41.
- V. Pradeep and T. Sampathkumar(2017), Economic Reforms and Employment Growth in India: An Empirical Analysis, Arthshastra: Indian Journal of Economics and Research, Vol.6 (1), pp.35-45.
- V. Pradeep and T.Sampathkumar (2016), Estimating Total Factor Productivity and its components – Evidence from Manufacturing Sector of Tamilnadu, INDIA, Indian Journal of Applied Research, Vol.6(8), pp.39-44.
- V. Pradeep and Ewert Kleynhans and (2013) “Productivity, Technical Progress and Scale Efficiency in Indian Manufacturing: Post Reform Performance” Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences, Vol.6 (2), pp.479-494.
- V. Pradeep and Jong-Rong Chen (2012), “Measuring Productivity Growth, Efficiency Change and Technical Progress in Small Scale Firms in India during Pre and Post Reform Periods”, The Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Vol.15 (2), pp.153-169.
OTHER RESEARCH PAPERS/ PUBLICATIONS
- V. Pradeep, Anup K. Bhandari, Mita Bhattacharya, Jong-Rong Chen and Chih-Hai Yang (2014) “Productivity, Technical Progress and Scale Efficiency in Indian Manufacturing: New Evidence using a non-parametric approach”, Edited by Vinish Kathuria, Rajesh Raj S.N. and Kunal Sen, “Productivity in Indian Manufacturing: Measurement, Methods and Analysis”, Routledge.
- S. Sankaranarayanan and V. Pradeep (2007), “TRIPS – Impact and Implications for India with reference to Indian Pharmaceutical Industry”, Edited by A.K.Thakur and N.Sharma, WTO and India, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi. P.543-566.
- V. Anbumani and V. Pradeep (2005), “World Bank and Poverty Alleviation”, Edited by Dr.S.N.Misra, Poverty and its Alleviation, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi. P.311-318.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Post-doctoral fellowship received from National Central University, TAIWAN.
- Post-doctoral fellowship / Research Assistant Professorship from North-West University, Potchefstroom Campus, SOUTH AFRICA.