Nachiketas has done his MBA from ICFAI Business School, Bangalore, and has a work experience of about 2.5 years. His last employment was with Kotak Mahindra Insurance, Chennai, as Manager – Training Department.
He has submitted his Ph.D. thesis in May 2018. His dissertation examines the role of marketing communication in consumer healthcare.
Current research focusses on the development of effective health risk communication messages that have public policy implications, with special emphasis on subsistence markets and the Bottom of the Pyramid. His work facilitates healthcare organizations to strategize and effectively develop their communications in varied platforms such as traditional advertising and use of digital technology.
In addition to his interests in marketing research, consumer psychology and consumer behavior, he is also interested in Data Science and their applications in the Consumer Ecosystem by leveraging open source statistical tools such as R and Python.
LIST OF REPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS
PEER REVIEWED RESEARCH PAPERS
- Nachiketas, N. and Sivakumaran, B. and Kalro, A. and Sharma, P. 2017. “Threat, Efficacy and Message Framing in Consumer Healthcare.” Marketing Intelligence and Planning. 35 (4): pp. 1-37. Rated “A” as per ABDC journal rankings.
- Chandan, P and Purba, R and Nachiketas, N. 2017. “Industry Initiatives to Addressing Water Concerns in India Today: The Inward and the Outward Looking Possibilities.” International Journal of Business Ethics in Developing Economies.
- Role of Consumer Health in Marketing – March 2018, Express Healthcare (Indian Express Group) - https://www.magzter.com/article/Health/Express-Healthcare/Consumer-Health-The-Role-Of-Marketing-Nachiketas
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Received a certificate of appreciation, “Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing” for the years 2016-2017, from the academic journal, Journal of Business Research.
- Reviewed 4 papers for the category A journal, Journal of Business Research
- Reviewer for Journal of Business Research. The Journal of Business Research is a highly respected journal and it is ranked category “A” as per ABDC journal rankings
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member, American Marketing Association