Dr. D.Sriram is a Fellow in Management from XLRI, Jamshedpur. He has also completed Master’s Program in Chemistry and Management Studies from BITS, Pilani.
Prior to joining Great Lakes, Dr.Sriram was a marketing faculty and Associate Dean (Co-ordination) at XIME, Bangalore.
Between 1991 and 2012, Dr.Sriram spent more than two decades in various sales and marketing roles across Energy and Automobile industries. He worked in the Petroleum Retail SBU of M/s Reliance Industries Ltd. for 11 years and at the time of leaving, was Vice President – Marketing in the Corporate Headquarters at Mumbai. Prior to Reliance, he worked at M/s Indo Mobil Ltd (JV between Exxon Mobil Corporation and Indian Oil Corporation) as Regional Head – Sales and M/s Ashok Leyland Ltd in the After-Sales Support function.
Dr.Sriram teaches foundational marketing courses and marketing electives including Marketing Metrics, Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)& Services Marketing. Additionally, he is also leading the institution’s effort for accreditations.
Dr.Sriram’s research interests include Relationship Marketing, Consumer Behavior and Marketing Analytics.
- Sriram, Dorai and Sanjeev Varshney (2012), “A Multistage Behavioural and Temporal Analysis of CPV in RM”, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 27(5), pp.403-411. (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.)
- SriramDorai (2013), “Role of knowledge in Relationship Marketing: Capabilities, Organizational Learning and Competitive Advantage”, Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 6(1), pp.36-56.
- SriramDorai (2015), “Transactions to Ties: Role of Involvement and Attachment as Manifestation of Customer Engagement”, Presented in the Ninth Great Lakes – NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- SriramDorai (2014), “Dimensions of Customer Engagement: Findings from Exploratory Analysis using Netnography and Content Analysis”, Presented in the Eighth Great Lakes – NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- SriramDorai (2013), “An exploratory study on antecedents to customer engagement and comparison with loyalty”, Presented in the Seventh Great Lakes – NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- SriramDorai (2013), “Enhancing dynamic capabilities of an organization to develop better customer relations: Role of globalization as a moderator”, Presented in the First International conference conducted by Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.
- DoraiSriram (2011), “Role of customer goal congruency, personality congruency and interdependence in Customer Engagement.” Presented in the Fifth Great Lakes – NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- Expert Panelist for marketing track in the AICTE sponsored conference – “Changing Business Practices in Current Scenario”, held at SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS), Mumbai on 26th August 2011.
- Vittal, Panduranga S &DoraiSriram (2010), “Effect of Advertising Expenditure and Quality of Service on Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation of Indian Telecom Service Industry.” Presented in the First International Marketing Conference (MARCON 2010) conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta.
- Sriram, Dorai (2009), “Role of Reciprocity in Relationship Marketing: A Socio Psychological Perspective.” Presented in the Third Great Lakes – NASMEI Conference conducted by Great Lakes Institue of Management, Chennai.
- Sriram, Dorai and Sanjeev Varshney (2008), “Customer Perceived Value in Relationship Marketing: A Multistage Behavioral and Temporal Analysis.” Presented in the 9th International Conference on Relationship Marketing, conducted by American Marketing Association SIG, held at FreieUniversitat at Berlin, Germany.