Dr. Suresh Srinivasan is a PhD (Strategy) from IIT Madras, a Chartered Accountant (All India Rank Holder), Cost Accountant and an MBA from Bradford Business School, Bradford, UK.
He has more than 30 years’ experience in a wide range of manufacturing, banking, service and infrastructure industries, both in India and abroad. During his tenure with Emirates Airlines in Dubai, he was driving corporate development, strategy and finance initiatives for more than ten years, moving across the group businesses. He was spearheading the commercial, financial and legal aspects of Emirates’ joint venture initiatives for setting up projects around the world including in locations like Australia, UK, Singapore, Philippines, Iran, Sudan, Bangladesh, Jordan, Turkey, Armenia, Malaysia, Libya, Nepal, Cyprus, Kenya, Saudi Arabia and Uganda. He has been involved with various business units of the Group, including Airline, Airports, Hotel and Leisure, Financial Services and Security Services. He was part of the board of the Emirates Group companies, securing the interest of the owners.
He has worked with other leading companies like Tata Steel and Industrial Development Bank of India. During his tenure with the French-American joint venture company ETPM – McDermott, a Texas based oil and gas infrastructure company, covering Middle East and Asia Pacific regions, his role was focused into infrastructure project tendering, analysis and project financing.
Previous roles have ranged in the areas of Corporate Strategy, Business Finance, Project Appraisals and Feasibility studies, Project Finance, Business Valuations, Joint Venture & M&A Structuring, due-diligence exercises, effective commercial, financial and legal structuring and Management Consulting.
Has conducted management development programs and consulted with companies across sectors like manufacturing, automobiles, airlines, ports, information technology, business process management, insurance, earth moving equipment, banking, financial services, healthcare, infrastructure and construction. Worked with boards and senior managers in the areas of strategic thinking, strategic planning, competitiveness, executing strategy, strategic turnaround, transcending functional boundaries, finance for non-finance and organizational development.
Publications and presentations
- Srinivasan, S., Thenmozhi, M., &Vijayaraghavan, P. (2016), Product Diversification Deciphered. Global Business and Management Research: An International Journal, 8(2), 38-52.
- Suresh, S., Thenmozhi, M. and Vijayaraghavan, P. (2006), Impact ofdiversification strategy on firm performance: An entropy approach. The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, 12(11), 27-48.
- Suresh, S., Thenmozhi, M. and Vijayaraghavan, P. (2005), Stock MarketReaction to Corporate Strategic Decisions. Proceedings of Ninth Capital Markets Conference, Indian Institute of Capital Market, Mumbai, December, 19-20 2005, pp. 1-19.
- Suresh, S., Thenmozhi, M. and Vijayaraghavan, P. (2005), Impact ofdiversification strategy on firm performance: An entropy approach. Proceedings of International Conference on Business and Finance, ICFAIUniversity and PhiladelphiaUniversity, Hyderabad, December, 2005.
- Suresh, S., Thenmozhi, M. and Vijayaraghavan, P. (2007), Effect ofOwnership Dynamics on Firm Diversity-Performance Relationship. Proceedings of International Conference on Global Academy of Business and Economic Research, Bangkok, Thailand, Dec 27-29, 2007
- Suresh, S., Thenmozhi, M. and Vijayaraghavan, P. (2009), Effect ofOwnership Dynamics on diversification performance relationship duringinstitutional transition: The India experience.
- Corporate Finance and governance in Emerging Markets Conference, Guanghua School of Management, PeakingUniversity, Beijing, 23-25 August 2009
- The Jeff Immelt era in GE could well make Edison proud, Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy, Jul 2017
- US and climate change: Expecting the unexpected? Advanc’edge, Jul 2017
- The big, fat telecom bailout: What's at stake?Advanc’edge, Jul 2017
- Change of guard at GE: A new era dawns, Advanc’edge, Jul 2017
- Job losses in ITeS: How big a concern is it? Advanc’edge, Jun 2017
- Flipkart eyes Snapdeal acquisition: An analysis, Advanc’edge, Jun 2017
- Regulating real estate: RERA to the rescue? Advanc’edge, Jun 2017
- Indian ITeS sector now at a crossroads, Advanc’edge, May 2017
- IPL and its impact on the Indian economy, Advanc’edge, May 2017
- Flipkart acquires eBay India: What's the scenario now?Advanc’edge, May 2017
- Governance in Public sector banks; still a concern, Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy, Mar 2017
- Infosys: Focus on Corporate Governance issues, Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy, Mar 2017
- Acid Test of India’s institutional strength, Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy, Feb 2017
- Is demonetization a firm foot towards digitalization, Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy,Feb 2017
- FDI in market place; what changes have regulations brought?Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy,Jan 2017
- Monetizing IoT: How far are we?Hindu Businessline, Pure Strategy, Jan 2017
- Trump reality; India impact, Advanc’edge, Apr 2017
- Tata Motors revival; still a dream? Advanc’edge, Apr 2017
- Impact of BJP's UP electoral win, Advanc’edge, Apr 2017
- Budget 2017, Advanc’edge, Mar 2017
- Is there a problem in Infosys?, Advanc’edge, Mar 2017
- Reliance Jio vs. the rest, Advanc’edge, Mar 2017
- NDA Government - almost three years of rule; hits and misses, Advanc’edge, Feb 2017
- Demonetization; a boon for financial technologies, Advanc’edge, Feb 2017
- Budget Expectations 2017, Advanc’edge, Feb 2017