Dr. Manu Vora is Chairman and President of Business Excellence, Inc., USA. From 1993 to 2005, as an Adjunct Professor he taught "Quality Management" and "Supply Chain Management" in the MBA Program at the Stuart School of Business at Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. Currently, he is an Adjunct Faculty at the School of Professional Studies, Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois where he teaches "Quality Assurance Project Management". He has published 60 articles in professional journals and has over 570 presentations globally on business excellence and quality management. For his life-long service to ASQ, he is bestowed with five ASQ medals. In 2011, he was recognized by the US President with "Volunteer Service Award" for his outstanding service to the Blind Foundation for India, USA. He is recipient of "2015 BHU Distinguished Alumnus Award", "2015 & 2000 Paul Harris Fellow Medal from Rotary Foundation", and "2012 IIT Chicago Alumni Medal".
Dr. Manu holds a M.B.A. with Marketing Management from Keller Graduate School of Management in Chicago, M.S. & Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, and B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India.
As a Visiting faculty, he taught "Total Quality Management" course at the Great Lakes Institute of Management in 2006, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
List of Representative Publications:
- Vora, Manu K. (2015). 7 Steps to Link Quality Improvement to Your Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management Review, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 44-51, July/August, Framingham, MA.
- Vora, Manu K., (2014). "Purpose and Principle: Lifelong volunteer and teacher reflects on the value of giving back", ASQ Quality Progress Magazine, pp 45-47, January.
- Vora, Manu K., (2013). “Business Excellence through Sustainable Change Management”, The TQM Journal, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp 625-640.
- Dutta, Angsuman & Vora, Manu K. (2008). “Cost of Information Integrity Failures”, Proceedings of the ASQ World Congress for Quality and Improvement, Houston, TX, 5/5/2008.
- Vora, Manu K. (2005). “Managing Human Capital” chapter author in the book Six Sigma for Transactions and Service, Chap. 17, pp. 471-500, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.