Ram S Sriram
Dr. Sriram is the author of articles that have appeared in premier journals such as Management Science, Decision Sciences, Accounting Organizations and Society, Journal of Information Systems, Auditing, A Journal of Practice and Theory, and Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
Ram pursued earned his Ph.D. from University of North Texas; M.B.A. from Sam Houston State University and B.S. from University of Madras. He is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
His specialization includes Information systems theories and methodologies as they relate to accounting issues; Accounting information systems; financial distress models and the use of artificial intelligence and expert systems as decision support in the accounting area.
List of Publications
- Borthick, F., and R. S. Sriram, “Accelerating the acquisition of knowledge structure to improve performance in internal control reviews,” Accounting Organizations and Society (Vol. 31, 2006).
- Sriram, R. S., J. Pathak, and B. Chouach, “Minimizing Cost of Continuous Audit: Counting and Time-Dependent Strategies,” Journal of Accounting and Public Policy (Jan/Feb 2005),
- Sriram, R. S., R. Sexton, H. Etheridge, “Improving Decision Effectiveness of AI Networks – A Modified Genetic Algorithm Approach.” Decision Sciences (Spring, 2004).
- Sriram, R. S. and S. Sarkar, “Bayesian models for early warning of bank failures.” Management Science, 2001, 47(11), 1457-1475.
- Sriram, R. S., Harlan Etheridge, and K. Hsu, "Artificial Neural networks Help Auditors Evaluate Client Financial Viability." Decision Sciences (Spring, 2000).
Awards and Recognitions
- American Accounting Association (AI/ET) - “Outstanding Researcher Award” for” most significant contributions to the Artificial Intelligence and Expert System Research”
- Faculty Research Recognition Award, Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University
- LSU Students’ Association - Outstanding Teacher Award