Umayal Karpagam PL
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Ms. Umayal PL is an academician with thirteen years of experience across Engineering Colleges in Chennai. Prior to this assignment, she was with Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbhadhur at various capacities as assistant professor, senior lecturer and lecturer. Her academic background is B.Tech and MBA. She has obtained her PhD in Management Sciences from Anna University. Her broad research interest is in Strategy and Performance Measurement. She has both national and international publications to her credit.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Umayal Karpagam PL. and Suganthi L, “Performance Measurement of Organizations: a review of Balanced Scorecard Technique”, International Journal of Business Performance Management, Vol. 14, No.2, pp.129-148, 2013
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. “Exploring the critical success factors affecting the performance of management institutions” International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol.10, No.4, pp.453-477, 2016
Editorial-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. "A Strategic Framework for managing Higher Educational Institutions”, Advances in Management, Vol. 3, No.10, pp. 15-21, 2010.
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. "A Strategy Map of Balanced Scorecard in Academic Institutions for Performance Improvement”, The IUP Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 9, No. 3, 2012
- Nataraj S and Umayal Karpagam PL "" Factors Influencing the Choice of Alternative and Complementary Medicine" at the 10th Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE 2019) held at Indian Institute of Management Indore from May 03 -05, 2019
- Umayal Karpagam, PL. and Suganthi, L. "Significance of the Balanced Scorecard as Performance Measurement tool”, International Conference on Operations and Management Sciences, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur, 12th - 13th February, 2010
Research papers under review
Building a yardstick – A charter for Management Institutions submitted at Non- profit and voluntary sector quarterly
- Quantification of BSC Framework using Fuzzy Modeling (Umayal Palaniappan and Suganthi L)
- Factors influencing the choice of alternative and complementary medicine with reference to diabetes mellitus (Nataraj S and Umayal Palaniappan)