Senior Associate Professor
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Dr D Sriram has over 27 years of work experience. He has worked for more than 21 years in Energy and Automobile industries in Senior Management roles. He started his career with M/s Ashok Leyland Ltd. and was responsible for after-sales support for Iveco Cargo trucks and Hino Engines.
After a four year stint at Ashok Leyland, DrSriram joined M/s Indo Mobil Ltd and was instrumental in setting up the distribution network for automotive lubricants in South and managing it in the capacity of Regional Manager - Sales (South).
In 2001, DrSriram joined M/s Reliance Industries Ltd. and was responsible for setting up the petroleum retail network in Tamilnadu. Later, he was promoted to Vice-President – Marketing and became Head of Retail Outlet Operations, South. He also had a four year stint in the SBU-CEO’s office at Mumbai handling the strategic planning role.
He switched to academics in 2012 and joined XIME, Bangalore as Associate Dean (Coordination) responsible for academic administration in addition to teaching core and elective course in Marketing Area.
Dr Sriram joined Great Lakes in 2013 as a full time faculty. Additionally, he heads the Accreditation function. He teaches core and elective courses in Marketing area. His research interests include Customer Relationship Marketing, Consumer Behavior and Marketing Analytics. He has presented research papers at several conferences and has published research articles.
Education: Fellow in Management, XLRI; Master of Management Studies (MMS), M.Sc (Hons) Chemistry, BITS, Pilani.
List of Representative Publications
- Sriram, Dorai and Sanjeev Varshney (2012), “A Multistage Behavioural and Temporal Analysis of CPV in RM”, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 27(5), pp.403-411. (Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.)
- SriramDorai (2013), “Role of knowledge in Relationship Marketing: Capabilities, Organizational Learning and Competitive Advantage”, Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 6(1), pp.36-56.
- Sri Ranjani, Adithya, Sundeep Srinivasan and Sriram D (2017), “Drivers of Customer Engagement in Online Retail: Demand and Supply Side Analysis”, Presented in the Great Lakes - NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- SriramDorai (2017), “The Mediating Effects of ‘Engagement’ and ‘Flow’ on the Relationship between Store Environment and Repatronage Intention: An Empirical Evaluation”, Presented in Emerging Economies conference conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- SriramDorai (2016), “Effect of Technology Based Innovations on Customer Engagement and Patronage in Services: An Exploratory Study”, Presented in the Tenth Great Lakes - NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- SriramDorai (2015), “Transactions to Ties: Role of Involvement and Attachment as Manifestation of Customer Engagement”, Presented in the Ninth Great Lakes - NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- SriramDorai (2014), “Dimensions of Customer Engagement: Findings from Exploratory Analysis using Netnography and Content Analysis”, Presented in the Eighth Great Lakes - NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- SriramDorai (2013), “An exploratory study on antecedents to customer engagement and comparison with loyalty”, Presented in the Seventh Great Lakes - NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- SriramDorai (2013), “Enhancing dynamic capabilities of an organization to develop better customer relations: Role of globalization as a moderator”, Presented in the First International conference conducted by Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- DoraiSriram (2011), “Role of customer goal congruency, personality congruency and interdependence in Customer Engagement.” Presented in the Fifth Great Lakes – NASMEI conference conducted by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- Expert Panelist for marketing track in the AICTE sponsored conference – “Changing Business Practices in Current Scenario”, held at SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS), Mumbai on 26th August 2011.
- Vittal, Panduranga S &DoraiSriram (2010), “Effect of Advertising Expenditure and Quality of Service on Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation of Indian Telecom Service Industry.” Presented in the First International Marketing Conference (MARCON 2010) conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta.
- Sriram, Dorai (2009), “Role of Reciprocity in Relationship Marketing: A Socio Psychological Perspective.” Presented in the Third Great Lakes – NASMEI Conference conducted by Great Lakes Institue of Management, Chennai.
- Sriram, Dorai and Sanjeev Varshney (2008), “Customer Perceived Value in Relationship Marketing: A Multistage Behavioral and Temporal Analysis.” Presented in the 9th International Conference on Relationship Marketing, conducted by American Marketing Association SIG, held at FreieUniversitat at Berlin, Germany.