Vishwanathan P K
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area: IT, Operations & Analytics
Dr. P. K. Viswanathan is currently a Professor in the area of Operations. Apart from executing corporate consultancy assignments, he has designed and conducted training programs for many leading organizations in India. After completing his Masters from Madras University, he went on to do an MBA from FMS, Delhi and MS from Manitoba, Canada. He holds a PhD from Madras University.
- Has designed and conducted training programs for many leading organizations in India
- Completed Masters from Madras University
- He went on to do an MBA from FMS, Delhi and MS from Manitoba, Canada
- He holds a PhD from Madras University
List of Representative Publications
- Co-Author of the book titled “Business Statistics–A First Course” –Fifth Edition David M Levine, Timothy C. Krehbiel , and Mark L. Berenson, P.K. Viswanathan Publisher-Pearson Education (2010)
- Author of the book titled “Business Statistics-An Applied Orientation” Publisher- Pearson Education (Asia)(2003).
- Author of the Course Book on “Marketing Research” for the British Open University Business School, U.K(2004). Publisher-Open University, U.K.
- “Relative Importance of the Profitability Drivers of Indian Banks-A Preference Decomposition Approach”, P.K. Viswanathan, M. Ranganatham, and G. Balasubramanian -IUP Journal of Bank Management, Volume. X No. 2, May 2011
- “Modelling Asset Allocation for banks-A Goal Programming Approach” Journal of National Institute of Bank Management-Prajnan, P.K. Viswanathan and G. Balasubramanian Vol. XXXVI No.1 (April-June 2007)
- “Improving the accuracy of the preference rating in conjoint analysis: A combinatorial optimization approach”, P.K. Viswanathan, G. Balasubramanian, and M.J. Xavier- Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review Volume 3*Number 2* August 2007
- “Profiling Banks Using Factor Analysis on Financial Ratios”, M.J. Xavier, G. Balsubramanian, and P.K. Viswanathan -Advances in Banking and Finance studies Volume III, Banking and Insurance First Edition -October 2007
- Article on the “Role of Hypothesis Testing in Decision Making” that is hosted in hyperstat an online site of Rice University under the auspices of Professor David Lane.
- Article titled “Glimpses into Application of Chi-Square Tests into Marketing” hosted in the online site of Rice University under the auspices of Professor David Lane.
- Article titled “Is Six Sigma a mere Mantra or an Effective Action Plan?” Journal Mandate (September 2003 issue) published by Madras Management Association.
Awards and Recognitions