Dr. V. Murugan
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Dr. V. Murugan obtained his Ph.D from Gandhigram Rural Institute (Deemed University), Tamil Nadu in 2012. His doctoral research was on Budgetary Control Practices of Aavin in Tamil Nadu. During his research tenure he visited over thirty five Academic Institutions/Universities for Research Training and Conference Presentations. He has acted as a Chairperson in conferences and delivered invited lectures as a resource person.
Murugan has over half a decade of teaching experience in the area of Accounting & Finance. Before Joining Great Lakes Institute of Management, he was associated with Gandhigram Rural Institute and Pondicherry University. He has taught courses such as Cost and Management Accounting, Financial Management, Financial Statement Analysis and Reporting, Strategic Management and Management of Financial Institutions and Services. His research interests include Cost and Management Accounting.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Life skills among the learners of Management Programme: An empirical study, The Journal of Extension and Research, January 2008.
Editorial-Reviewed Journal Articles
Status and Impact Assessment of SHGs towards Access to Micro Finance, Vel’s Management Journal VMJ, Volume 1, Issue 1 June 2015.
E-Learning in India a Strategic Perspective, Shanlax International Journal of Commerce, 30th November 2018.
Non-Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Cost and Returns of Nerium Oleander (Arali) Cultivation: An Empirical Study, Tamil Nadu Journal of Cooperation, July 2008.
Towards Consumer Perception: A study with reference to Abhirami Co-operative Whole Sale Store Dindigul, chapter in Edited Volume, Management of Consumer Cooperatives, by Dr. B. Tamilmani, Serial Publishers, New Delhi 2007.
Competitive research awards received
Conference Paper Presentations: (16)
- Empirical Study on Cost and Return Analysis of Nerium Cultivation a Micro Level Study, International Conference on Business Economics and Finance, Adaikkala Matha Institute of Management -Vallam, Thanjavur September 2005.
- Skill Based Curriculum in Social Sciences, International Conference on Socially Relevant Higher Education in India (SRHEI-2006), CPA College, Bodinayakkanur- Theni (DT) February 2006
- Recent Trends in Rural Dairying, International Conference on Global Business and Policy Modeling (GBPM 2006), Adaikkala Matha Institute of Management, VallamTanjavur September 2006
- Perception of Passengers on Minibus Services in Nilakottai Taluk, National Seminar on Changing Scenario of Consumerism, Department of Commerce, Bharathidhasan University -Trichy February 2006
- Sustainable Dairying: An Ideal approach in the Global Market, National Seminar on Interface between Industry and Higher Education Institutions: To face Global Competition, Department of Rural Industries and Management - Gandhigram Rural University, March 2008
- Cooperatives in the Liberalized Era: Problems and Prospects, National Seminar on Economic Reforms in India, Department of Economics and Department of Cooperation D. B. Jain College Thoraipakkam, Chennai March 2008
- Performance of Dairy Industry in India: Prospects and Constraints, National Seminar on Food Processing Industry in India: Growth Potential and Challenges” Department of Rural Industries and Management - Gandhigram Rural University October 2008
- Cooperativization of Dairying: A Sustainable Approach for Rural Development, National Seminar on Rural Development in India: Opportunities and Challenges, Department of Economics Manonmaniam Sundharanar University Tirunelveli October 2008
- Growth and Development of Banking Sector in Dindigul District of Tamilnadu, National Seminar on Global Financial Meltdown Causes, Impact and Remedies, Department of Commerce Periyar University Salem February 2009
- Dialogue on Budgeting Process in District Cooperative Milk Producers Unions: an Inter Department Approach, National Workshop on Dairy Cooperatives in Contemporary Setting: Issues and Strategies, Department of Cooperation, Gandhigarm Rural Institute (Deemed University) Gandhigram March 2011
- Participatory Identification of Potential Spots and Components for Tourism in Sirumalai Hills, National Seminar on Tourism Environment and Sustainable Development: Strategies and Policies, Department of Economics, Gandhigarm Rural Institute (Deemed University) Gandhigram June 2011.
- Consumer Satisfaction, State level Workshop on Managerial Skills for Officials of Cooperative Whole Sale Stores in Tamilnadu, Department of Cooperation, Gandhigram Rural University Gandhigram January 2006
- Problems of Agriculture Labourers in Authur Block of Dindigul District, State level Seminar on Impact of Globalization and Retaining Strategies for Labour and Employment, Department of Applied Research, Gandhigram Rural University - Gandhigram February 2006
- The Functional Performance of District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Unions in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Science Congress organized by Gandhigram Rural Institute (Deemed University) Gandhigram. June 2011
- Marabhu Vazhi Tharahu Muraigal, National Seminar on Nattupuraviyal Karutharangu: Marabu Arivum-Samakala Seyalpadukalum Thozhil Nutpangalum, Department of Tamil and Indian Languages, Gandhigram Rural Institute (Deemed University) January 2014
- em>National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Business and Management, held at Idhaya College, Sivagangai District Tamil Nadu on 30th November 2018
Conference / Seminar Participations: (15)
- Seminar on Entrepreneurship Development Camp, Department of Economics, Vivekananda College, Tiruvedakam, Madurai, September 1998
- Workshop on Unlocking Career Potential, Department of English, Vivekananda College, Tiruvedakam, Madurai, 03.04.2000
- State level Workshop on Communal Harmony, Department of Philosophy, Madura College, Madurai February 2001
- National Seminar on Strategic Planning for Rural Markets, Department of Management Studies PSNA College, Dindigul October 2005
- National level work shop on Promotion of Life Skills among Adolescents, Department of Home Science, Gandhigram Rural Institute Deemed University, Gandhigram January 2006
- Regional workshop on Applied Statistics, Department of Applied Research, Gandhigram Rural University- Gandhigram March 2006
- Workshop on Case Writing, MBA Programme Gandhigram Rural University April 2006
- State level workshop on Advertising Techniques, Department of Business Administration, Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Arts and Science for Women Perambalur August 2006
- National level Seminar on Tsunami and Afterwards: What have we Learnt from it, Peace Trust, Kanyakumari October 2006
- State level Workshop on Application of Statistical Tools for Research, Department of Commerce, G.T.N-Arts College, Dindigul August 2006
- National level workshop on strengthening of Student Cooperative Stores, Department of Cooperation, Gandhigram Rural University- Gandhigram April 2007
- National Seminar on Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture for Food Security, Faculty of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry. Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram March 2008
- National Seminar on Rural Energy Management: Strategies and Policy Option, Department of Economics Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram January 2009.
- Consumer orientation Programme for upcoming Consumer Activities, Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Dindigul and Department of Cooperation GRI, Gandhigram on October 2013
- MCX – IPF Sponsored two days Faculty Development Programme on, Commodity Derivatives Market Department of Commerce, Pondicherry University March 2017
Academic Development/Training Programmes Participation: (10)
- Training Programme on Data Collection and Analytical Procedure-DCAP, NIRD - National Institute for Rural Development - Rajendra Nagar, Hydrabad October 2006
- Training Course on Research Methodology for Social Sciences, S.V. University, Tirupati, Andra Pradesh January 2007
- Training Course on Computer Application for Social Sciences, organized by CSS- Centre for Social Studies Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat January 2007
- Staff Development Programme on ERP, sponsored by AICTE, VEL’s Institute of Business Administration & VEL’s College of Science, Chennai April 2008
- Gandhivihar Camp for students from Indian Universities, Institute of Gandhian Studies, Gopuri, Wardha December 2010
- Executive Faculty Development Programme, Sri. Venkateswara Group of Institutions SVIIT, Coimbatore May 2011
- Effective Teaching and Learning Methodologies, Agni School of Business April 2013
- Faculty Development Programme on Effective Management Teaching Skills sponsored by AICTE” VEL’s Institute of Business Administration VELS University, Chennai. May 2013
- Continuing Education Program (Workshop) on Information Systems Research in the Digitized Era, Jointly organized by DOMS IIT Madras and University Passau Germany on 30th November 2018. And Presented a Paper on "Maturity of E-Learning in India; A McFarlan Lens Analysis".
- National Workshop on Research Writing and Publication, organized by the School of Commerce and Management, Central University of Tamil Nadu on 8th and 9th February 2019.
Invited speech/Panel discussion
- Financial Management, Workshop on Rural Industries in Development, Department of Sociology, Annai Deresa Women’s University Kodaikanal September 2013. 2. Systems and E-learning in India, in National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Business and Management, held at Idhaya College, Sivagangai District Tamil Nadu on 30th November 2018.
Session chair/Program chair for conference
Systems and E-learning in India, in National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Business and Management, held at Idhaya College, Sivagangai District Tamil Nadu on 30th November 2018.