Dr. Shameem S
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Dr.Shameem S is currently Assistant Professor in the area of OB/HRM. Prior to joining Great Lakes, she worked at National Oxygen Limited, as HR officer, Institute for financial management and research (IFMR) as a faculty and University of Gottingen, Germany as Guest Scientist. Her main research interests are in the areas of Emotional finance, Neuromarketing, Social media and learning, employee and customer behaviors, Interpersonal communications (Person, telephone, e-mails etc) and its impact on emotions, cognitions and behaviors. Her secondary research interests are in Medical tourism, intercultural studies and organizational gossips. Dr. Shameem S holds a PhD in Management specializing in HRM/OB from Department of Management Studies, DoMS, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT – Chennai). She has a M.Sc. in Applied Psychology specializing in Industrial Psychology from Pondicherry University and BSc in Medical technology from JIPMER.
- Shameem,S. and Ganesh,M.P. (2012): The mediating role of emotional labour between interaction characteristics and organizational citizenship behaviour, In TiloWendler (Ed) e-book, Challenges for Analysis of the business and economy, ISBN 978-3-927535-89-3, DCM-Verlag publications.
- Shameem S and Ganesh, M.P. (2013) Effect of nature of interaction on organizational citizenship behaviour: Exploring the mediating role of emotional labour. International Journal of Commerce, Business and Management, 2(6), ISSN: 2319–2828. (Open Access, Google scholar)
- Shameem S and Ganesh, M.P. (2014) Exploring the Mediating Role of Emotional Labour between Nature of Interaction and Intention to quit, Journal of Business and Policy research, 9(1), pp.168-181 (ABDC 2013 listed)
- Shameem S (2015) Does mode of interaction impact emotional labour? A mixed method study among service employees in India, Asian Journal of Empirical Research 5 (11), 196-205 (ABDC 2016 listed)
- Shameem S (2018) Winning on HR analytics, Book Review, South Asian Journal of Management.(ABDC 2016 listed)
- Shameem S (2018) Mask It with Emotions-A Study of the Role of Emotional Behavior Among Information Technology Employees. International Journal of Business and Information, 13(4), pp.405-426. (ABDC 2016 listed)
Shameem, S. and Ganesh, M.P. The mediating role of emotional labour between interaction characteristics and organizational citizenship behaviour, In Tilo Wendler (Ed) e-book, Challenges for Analysis of the business and economy, ISBN 978-3-927535-89-3, DCM-Verlag publications, 2012.
Shameem, S (2017), Book on Emotional Labour: Comprehensive Review, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (Germany), ISBN-10: 3330328002, ISBN-13: 978-3330328006
- Shameem, S. (2017, October 25). Smiles and Frowns can Impact Bottomline. The Hindu, pg 4.
- Shameem, S. (2018, Jan 26). “Hiring Trends for Management Students 2018”. People Matters. Retrieved from https://www.peoplematters.in/article/hiring/hiring-trends-for-management-students-in-2018
- Shameem, S. (2018, March 13). “Despite several milestones, why are women still underrepresented in tech and boardroom". Yourstory.com. Retrieved from https://yourstory.com/2018/03/why-women-still-underrepresented-tech-boardrooms
- Shameem, S (July 3, 2018) "Dealing with workplace gossip”. Human Capital Magazine.
- Shameem, S (November 19, 2018) Importance of workplace ethics - What to remember and What to avoid? People matters magazine
- Shameem, S (Nov 22, 2018) “The Right Time For A Review". Human capital magazine
- Shameem, S (February 16, 2019) Digital HR in Workplace, Business world Magazine
- Shameem, S (March 26, 2019) Things that Millennials expect from their jobs", Entrepreneur India Magazine
- Shameem, S (April 2, 2019)"Unhappy with your performance appraisal? Here's how you can deal with it", People Matters Magazine
- Shameem, S and Ganesh M.P. (2011) Emotional labour and its outcomes in cross cultural context: Role of organizational and individual characteristics. Yale’s- Great Lakes 6th International Conference. Chennai, December 28. (Best Research Proposal Award)
- Shameem, S. and Ganesh, M.P. (2012) Assessing sociocultural adaptation of international students: Comparison between India and Germany. National academy of Psychology conference, Bangalore, December 10-12
- Shameem, S. and Ganesh, M.P. (2012): The mediating role of emotional labour between interaction characteristics and organizational citizenship behaviour. Scientific Conference -Challenges for Analysis of the Business and the Economy, Berlin, Germany, September 13-16.
- Shameem, S. and Ganesh, M.P. (2013) Effect of nature of interaction on intention to quit- The mediating role of emotional labour. 23rd International business research conference, Melbourne, Australia, November 18-20. (Best Paper Award)
- Shameem, S. (2014) Examining the Moderation Effects of Individual Characteristics between Employee Customer Interaction and Emotional Labour. First HR Division conference of the Academy of Management (AOM) Beijing, China during June 15-16
- Shameem, S (2016), Exploring Emotional Labour among Indian Service Employees - Appraisal Theory Perspective, 26th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Applied Psychology, IIT Madras, 29-31 December, 2016.
- Shameem, S (2018), How Emotional labour influences Organizational citizenship behaviour? Moderating Role of Perceived organizational support, Atheneaum IIT Madras, February 9th and 10th
- Shameem, S (2018), Emotionally interacting with customers, PANIIT conference, IIT Roorkee, Nov30-Dec 2
- Shameem, S and Rajeswari,K (2018) Organizational Culture and New product development, NASMEI conference, Dec 20-21
- Shameem, S and Bharadhwaj, S (2018) Cognitive appraisal, OCB and Emotional labour, NASMEI conference, Dec 20-21
- Anubhav, Sridhar and Shameem (2019), Believe it or Not – Fake News, Asia Pacific Association of consumer research, IIM Ahmedabad, Jan 10-12
- Shameem (2019) – Forthcoming – Gamification and Training, Paper accepted for oral presentation at Pondicherry University – Managing Agile Workforce.
- Nixon and Shameem (2019) – Forthcoming – Think Inverted Maslow’s to build great organizations – British Academy of Management – Birmingham, UK, Accepted for Oral presentation.
- Shameem (2019) – Forthcoming – Cognitive appraisal and Emotional labour – British Academy of Management – Birmingham, UK, Accepted for Oral presentation.