Ashish Kumar Rathore
Area of Expertise: Social Media Analytics, Social Media Optimization, Data Analytics, Data Modelling, New Product Development
Email: [email protected]
Prof. Ashish Rathore has completed his Ph.D. from the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Prior to joining Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, he was working as an Assistant Professor at T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal. He received the B.Tech and M.Tech degrees (specialization of Product Design & Development) in mechanical engineering. He developed his interests in social media, social media analytics, business analytics, big data analytics, data-mining techniques, deep learning, and emerging technologies such as blockchain and IoT. He has published a few research papers in well-reputed journals and international conference proceedings.
JOURNAL PAPERS UNDER REVIEW
Rathore, A. K., Ilavarasan, P. V., Choudhary, A. & Harding J. Social Media Analytics for New Product Development: A comparative multi-case analysis of pre and post launch of new products (Abstract accepted by Guest Editors and paper submitted to IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 3* ABS).
JOURNAL PAPERS PUBLISHED
- Rathore, A. K., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2019). Pre-and post-launch emotions in new product development: Insights from twitter analytics of three products. International Journal of Information Management, 50, 111-127. (ABDC – A*)
- Rathore, A. K., Kar, A. K., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2017). Social Media Analytics: Literature Review and Directions for Future Research. Decision Analysis (INFORMS), 14(4), 229-249. (ABDC – A)
- Rathore, A. K., Ilavarasan, P. V., & Dwivedi, Y. K. (2016). Social media content and product cocreation: an emerging paradigm. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 29(1), 7-18. (ABDC – A)
- Rathore, A. K., Tuli, N., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2016). Pro-Business or Common Citizen?: An Analysis of an Indian Woman CEO's Tweets. International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking (IJVCSN), 8(1), 19-29.
- Rathore, A. K., Das, S., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2018). Social Media Data Inputs in Product Design: Case of a Smartphone. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 19(3), 255-272.
- Rathore, A. K., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2018). Social Media and Business Practices. In Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Fourth Edition (pp. 7126- 7139). IGI Global.
- Rathore, A. K., Tuli, N., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2019). Tweeting About Business and Society: A Case Study of an Indian Woman CEO. In Modern Perspectives on Virtual Communications and Social Networking (pp. 196-212). IGI Global.
- Rathore, A. K., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2014, November). Mobile Adoption in Collaborating Supply Chains: A Study of Indian Auto SMEs. In Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies (p. 56). ACM.
- Ilavarasan, V., & Rathore, A. (2015, July). Social Media use in Indian Businesses: Inputs for Appropriateness. In ECSM2015-Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Social Media 2015: ECSM 2015 (p. 218). Academic Conferences Limited.
- Rathore, A. K., Shioramwar, S., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2016, September). Social Customer Relationship Management as Predictor of Customer Relationship Performance: An Empirical Study of B2B and B2C Companies. In Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society (pp. 173-182). Springer International Publishing.
- Rathore, A. K., & Ilavarasan, P. V. (2017, February). Social media analytics for new product development: Case of a pizza. In Advances in Mechanical, Industrial, Automation and Management Systems (AMIAMS), 2017 (pp. 213-219). IEEE.
- Rathore, A. K., & Narain, R. (2017, February). Incorporating risk and opportunities in evaluation of green supplier: An ANP based approach. In Advances in Mechanical, Industrial, Automation and Management Systems (AMIAMS), 2017 (pp. 14-23). IEEE.
- Rathore A. K., Joshi, U. C. and Ilavarasan, P.V. (2017) Social Media Usage for Tourism: A Case of Rajasthan Tourism. Forthcoming in Procedia Computer Science (Elsevier, Scopus CiteScore 0.88)
Honours and Awards
- Gold Medal in M.Tech – MNNIT Allahabad
- 17th rank in merit list of 10th standard - UP Board
- 1st position in 12th standard at District level in 2006 – UP Board