Arun Bala Subramaniyan
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Area of Expertise: Operations Management & Analytics
Dr. Arun Bala Subramaniyan received hisMSand PhD in Industrial Engineering from the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineeringat Arizona State University. During his PhD, Arun worked onvariousprojects funded by National Science Foundation, US Department of Energy, National Institute of Standards and Technology. After completing his PhD, Arun wasas an Artificial Intelligence FellowatInsight in San Francisco, USA.
Arun has published several papers in reputed journalsas well asnational and international conferences. His research work has been successfully applied to several real-world applications includingrenewable energygrids, smart manufacturingsystems, roboticsetc. Arun is the recipient of William A. Golomski best paper award from IISE Quality and Reliability Engineering Division in 2020, Stan Ofsthun best paper award from Society of Reliability Engineers Division in 2019,Thomas L. Fagan Jr., best paper award from RAMS conference in 2018, Discovery Challenge best paper award at European machine learning (ECML-PKDD) conference in 2015.
Refereed Journal Publications
- Sinha, A., Gopalakrishna, H., Bala Subramaniyan, A., Oh, J., Jordan, D., and TamizhMani, G. (2020). “Prediction of Climate-specific Degradation Rate for Photovoltaic Encapsulant Discoloration.” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, 10(4), 1093-1101.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Pan, R., and Du, X. (2019). “Reliability-Based Design Optimization of Load Sharing Systems using SSI-Markov Models.” Designs, 3(34), 1 -17.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Pan, R., Kuitche, J., and TamizhMani, G. (2018). “Quantification of Environmental Effects on PV Module Degradation: A Physics-Based Data-Driven Modeling Method.” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, 8 (5), 1289 -1296.
- Bernstein, W., Bala Subramaniyan, A., Brodsky, A., Garretson,I., Haapala, K., Libes, D., Morris, K, C., Pan, R., Prabhu, V., Sarkar, A., and Wu, Z. (2017). “Research Directions for an Open Unit Manufacturing Process Repository: A Collaborative Vision.” Manufacturing Letters, 15(B), 71 -75.
- Pratheesh Kumar, M.R., Bala Subramaniyan, A., and Babu, A. (2013). “Optimization of Process Parameters in Lapping of Stainless Steel.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 2(9), 1865 -1872.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Narayanan, N., and Yeshwanth, V. (2013). “Ergonomic Analysis of the Assembly of Monoblock Pump.” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 2(6), 284 -291.
- Prakash, A, R., Bala Subramaniyan, A., Narayanan, N., and Yeshwanth, V. (2012). “Design of Workplace for the Assembly of Monoblock Pump.” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 2(10), 349-355.
Refereed Conference Publications
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Pan, R., and Wang, W. (2019). “Optimal Planning and Inference for Sequential Accelerated Life Testing with Two or More Experimental Factors.” Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMSConference), Orlando, FL, USA, 1-7.
- Sinha, A., Pore, S., Bala Subramaniyan, A., andTamizhMani, G. (2018). “Acceleration Factor Modeling for Degradation Rate Prediction of Photovoltaic Encapsulant Discoloration.” World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion (WCPEC-7), Waikoloa, HI, USA, 1-8.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Sinha,A., and TamizhMani, G. (2018). “Acceleration Factor Determination for Interconnect Metallization System Degradation of PV Modules using Damp Heat Testing.” SPIE Optics and Photonics Conference, San Diego, CA, USA, 1-6.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Pan, R., Kuitche, J., and TamizhMani, G. (2018). “Prediction ofAcceleration Factor for Accelerated Testing of Photovoltaic Modules Installed Around the World.” Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS Conference), Reno, NV,USA, 1-7.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., and Pan, R. (2017). “A System and Architecture of Reusable Abstraction of Fused Deposition Modeling –Unit Manufacturing Process”, RAMP challenge and WorkshopReport, ASME Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference(MSEC), USC, California, USA, 1-15.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., Pan, R.and Du, X.(2016). “Reliability Based Design Optimization of Load Sharing Systems.” IISE Annual Conference, CA, USA, 1-6.
- Bala Subramaniyan, A., and Pan, R. (2015).“Prediction of Bike Rental using Model Reuse Strategy.”, European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECMLPKDD), Porto, Portugal, 1-8.